C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X pipe and cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 10:27 PM
CUlookin
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default X pipe and cutouts

I am currently buying a Ti catback system off of a member here and want to do electric cutouts this summer. I'm not really familiar with exhaust systems so I have a few questions for you guys. I don't think I have the funds for headers right now but I saw on QTP's website that you can buy an X-pipe from them that already has the cutouts installed.

Is this easier to do (just bolts up?) than have an exhaust shop chop up the stock system and install the cutouts? Will I see any performance with the X pipe over the stock H pipe or is it a waste of money without the headers. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Ttop34
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only problem I had was that my headers didn't line up exactly where the stock pipes were because I bought them used. I installed the headers and QTEC X pipe by myself however it is suggested that you have some help lifting the pipes. This was definately easier than hastling with an exhaust shop to do the install.

Here's my post where I saw a 7rwhp gain with them open: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1026061
Old 04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Oldad
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Can you post the link to that site? I'm interested in that x and cut outs. Thankx
Old 04-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Dr. Dan
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldad
Can you post the link to that site? I'm interested in that x and cut outs. Thankx
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

They're a Supporting Vendor

Get notified of new replies

To X pipe and cutouts

Quick Reply: X pipe and cutouts