C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rumble Stips Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:04 PM
bufman23
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumble Strips Problem

I was at Road America last weekend and noticed something new when I clip the rumble strips at the apex or on exit. I'll be in 3rd gear for example (doing 70-90 mph) and the shifter will shake violently left and right all the way from the apex to the exit while the car is drifting. There is also a loud, deep chattering sound while this is happening. If I stay off the rumble stips then the shifter doesn't shake nor is there a sound. I have the Sachs shocks that came with the T1 suspension package. I should add that I had a fire at the end of last season underneath almost the entire car, engine bay, and all 4 wheel wells. One of the dust boots melted off the right rear shock but I did notice the problem when my left wheels hit the rumbles on exit. Any ideas?

Last edited by bufman23; 04-18-2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Voide3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you pull and check the shocks and bushings? The heat could have had a really bad effect on the shocks. If the bushings did not melt they may have hardened and may break over time. I saw this on a friends car who had a grass fire under his car.

Quick Reply: Rumble Stips Problem