C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC Vacuum Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:01 PM
mcmoore
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Vacuum Leak?

I removed the PCM from my '99 vert to send to the Vette Doctor only to find 2 corroded & broken vacuum lines running from the vacuum tank and check valve behind the PCM. Any idea where these vacuum lines go to and how to access where they go to? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-24-2005, 08:12 PM
donnyonee
Pro

imho;
1 line goes to the back of the manifold and the other line goes to the inside ac controls with the center of the check going to the vacuum tank, i replaced my broken check and broken hoses with a plastic t and rubber hoses from napa for about $7. works great!
don
Old 05-24-2005, 09:51 PM
mcmoore
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by donnyonee
imho;
1 line goes to the back of the manifold and the other line goes to the inside ac controls with the center of the check going to the vacuum tank, i replaced my broken check and broken hoses with a plastic t and rubber hoses from napa for about $7. works great!
don
Hi Don,
Thanks for your reply. Does the line from the vacuum tank check valve go to the manifold and the other one from the tank go to the inside a/c controls? Is there a diagram in the 3 book Corvette Service Manuals? How do I access the a/c controls?
Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks again,
Mike

Get notified of new replies

To HVAC Vacuum Leak?

Quick Reply: HVAC Vacuum Leak?