C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone use a Fluidamper

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 12:10 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Sinister-one
Is Powerforce the same as Powerbond ??
Not to my knowledge Ray. The name "Powerforce" I'm not familiar with, but to me, it smacks of some outfit offering a product with a name very similar to Powerbond, possibly in hopes the average person will just assume they are buying Powerbond. I would strongly suspect Chinese.

Powerbond was bought by Dayco Corp (the large, belt/hose manufacturer) within the last year or so, so you can go to Dayco's website and check their application and/or availability, etc. As with many companies, they offer their OE replacement variety as well as their "Race" series, which is their premium series that most Vette/LS guys use. It's the "race" series that's available with OE diameter, as well as 10 and 20% underdrive versions. Within the last couple years they also started powder coating all the race series, instead of clear-coating the raw steel finish like they used to do originally. AFAIK, they are still manufactured in Australia.

HTH
Old 10-07-2015, 11:24 AM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Innovator's West makes some really interesting fluid filled dampers.

http://www.innovatorswest.com/

Quick Reply: anyone use a Fluidamper