C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Face Gauges on a C5

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 09:45 PM
99vettewsnc
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default White Face Gauges on a C5

Has anyone out there installed the white face gauge overlays on their C5. I recently orderred a set and was expecting to receive the gauges with BLACK letters as advertised. Instead the numbers are gray in color. They are made by NR Automobile Accessories. Spoke with the vendor and he said this is the only white face gauges they sell. Does anyone know if someone makes these white face gauge overlays with Black letters?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:19 AM
L.A.P.D.
Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by 99vettewsnc
Has anyone out there installed the white face gauge overlays on their C5. I recently orderred a set and was expecting to receive the gauges with BLACK letters as advertised. Instead the numbers are gray in color. They are made by NR Automobile Accessories. Spoke with the vendor and he said this is the only white face gauges they sell. Does anyone know if someone makes these white face gauge overlays with Black letters?
99vettewsnc,

NR Auto is the only manufacturer of white faced guages for the C5 and the numbers only come in grey. It seems to me that their website is incorrect or it was just an oversight. We have been selling the NR Auto white faced guages for almost 6 years now and the numbers have NEVER been black. They have always been grey. The numbers are grey in the daytime, but at nighttime the numbers are bright orange and the white portion of the guages turn to an awesome looking purple color.

Hope this helps clarify this for you.

Shawn
Old 06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
javamon
Instructor

Just checked-out the NR Auto web site and they state the numbers are black. Gray is no big deal if the numbers are somewhat readable. If you install them, how about letting us know how you like them. These, along with the instrument bezels, are moving to the top of my mod list.

Shawn (The LAPD): Do the warning lights (e.g. seat belt warning, check engine warning, etc.) show thru these overlays, night and day?

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:41 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I drove BillY2K's car with the NR gauges and that was the first thing on my mod list the day I buy a 'vette.

Indiglo background at night is awesome!!

Old 06-29-2005, 11:11 PM
ANTIVINUM
Racer

I have had them in my car for about two years and love them; I wish I had the bezels though. The needles and numbers look more like red to me but that’s just me. And yes you can still see all of the idiot lights. I got mine from Extreme. I did not install them personal but I have read numerous posts that state to not lay the cluster face down. I can’t remember why but I am sure Shawn from LAPD would know. He seems pretty knowledgeable. If you would like I could send you some pictures tomorrow?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 PM
99vettewsnc
Advanced

If you've got pictures I would certainly like to see them, I also have the aluminum gauge bezels I will be installing probably sometime next week along with the white face gauges. I have spoken with Shawn and a rep. from NR Auto Spec and this is the only guage overlays that they make. I was just a little surprised when I opened the box and discoverred the numbers appeared grey. Merely posted this thread for a second opinion of some owners that have the white face overlays. I am certain once I get them installed they will look awesome.

Originally Posted by ANTIVINUM
I have had them in my car for about two years and love them; I wish I had the bezels though. The needles and numbers look more like red to me but that’s just me. And yes you can still see all of the idiot lights. I got mine from Extreme. I did not install them personal but I have read numerous posts that state to not lay the cluster face down. I can’t remember why but I am sure Shawn from LAPD would know. He seems pretty knowledgeable. If you would like I could send you some pictures tomorrow?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

The aluminum bezels make all the difference in the world and break up all that darkness. You may find that you like it just like that. They should of been stock on the C5 imo. Not sure I would want the white faced myself.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Alcee1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a pic of mine, you can see the numbers real good, you might think you can't but it's ok, really. The look real good a night.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:36 PM
99vettewsnc
Advanced

Thanks for posting the pic, those look awesome. What did you use to get the overlays to stick to the gauge cluster?
Old 07-24-2005, 04:14 PM
javamon
Instructor

Default Stainless Steel Gauge Overlay

FYI...

Made by U.S. Speedo, expensive ($249)

http://www.autoanything.com/category...se=Gauge_Faces

Get notified of new replies

To White Face Gauges on a C5

Quick Reply: White Face Gauges on a C5