C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLB on EXPORT & MN6/MN12 C5's

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Bernie's Vette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLB on EXPORT & MN6/MN12 C5's

Hi everyone.

I am a new member on CF but an avid reader of CF C5 Tech and Z06 forums for sometime. I used John Neese's info and built a CLB for my 2001 Z06. I live N-W of Montreal, Qc, Canada - that makes my car an ''Export''. Installed CLB in car: refused to work, kept on getting "service column lock" on DIC even after removing and replacing fuses 23 & 25 in passenger footwell. After numerous failed attemps, I e-mailed John Neese asking for help. E-mail after e-mail John guided me towards the solution. If you have an "export" C5 or any MN6 or MN12 TX and have a hard time making your CLB do its thing, go to your passenger footwell, unclip your BCM from its nest just enough to get it out of the way of the "MOD" RELAY (Omron 5 pin) located top right corner over BCM. 5 wires: 2 orange wires, 1 white, 1 purple and 1 dark green. Read FAQ by John Neese on C5 Tech Forum entitled "Sticky - column lock bypass".

If you have this relay installed (2000 and newer cars) you need to remove relay before installing CLB and install jumper in relay socket between pin 30 (white wire) and pin 87 (1 of 2 orange wires) CAUTION:
not the hot at all times 12VDC orange wire coming from fuse 23 at footwell. I followed these instructions from John before re-installing CLB and although "service column lock" message showed up, after removing and re-inserting fuse # 25, message disappeared and car drives find with CL disabled. I should mention that John asked me to ship my CLB to him to bench test it before finding out I owned an export/MN12 car with the GM mod already done at plant before dely.

He even tested it on its own C5 before shipping it back to me. Appropriate on CF maybe should be more like "John Nice". He is a very busy professional engineer taking a lot of his time helping the Corvette brotherhood.

I hope this info can be of help to other C5 owners. And thank you John
couldn't have done it without your help. Bernard
Old 07-12-2005, 02:07 AM
Cscokd
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernie's Vette
Hi everyone.

I am a new member on CF but an avid reader of CF C5 Tech and Z06 forums for sometime. I used John Neese's info and built a CLB for my 2001 Z06. I live N-W of Montreal, Qc, Canada - that makes my car an ''Export''. Installed CLB in car: refused to work, kept on getting "service column lock" on DIC even after removing and replacing fuses 23 & 25 in passenger footwell. After numerous failed attemps, I e-mailed John Neese asking for help. E-mail after e-mail John guided me towards the solution. If you have an "export" C5 or any MN6 or MN12 TX and have a hard time making your CLB do its thing, go to your passenger footwell, unclip your BCM from its nest just enough to get it out of the way of the "MOD" RELAY (Omron 5 pin) located top right corner over BCM. 5 wires: 2 orange wires, 1 white, 1 purple and 1 dark green. Read FAQ by John Neese on C5 Tech Forum entitled "Sticky - column lock bypass".

If you have this relay installed (2000 and newer cars) you need to remove relay before installing CLB and install jumper in relay socket between pin 30 (white wire) and pin 87 (1 of 2 orange wires) CAUTION:
not the hot at all times 12VDC orange wire coming from fuse 23 at footwell. I followed these instructions from John before re-installing CLB and although "service column lock" message showed up, after removing and re-inserting fuse # 25, message disappeared and car drives find with CL disabled. I should mention that John asked me to ship my CLB to him to bench test it before finding out I owned an export/MN12 car with the GM mod already done at plant before dely.

He even tested it on its own C5 before shipping it back to me. Appropriate on CF maybe should be more like "John Nice". He is a very busy professional engineer taking a lot of his time helping the Corvette brotherhood.

I hope this info can be of help to other C5 owners. And thank you John
couldn't have done it without your help. Bernard
Thanks for posting Bernard! I hope others will read this and benefit from your and my efforts. Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to be of service.
Best Regards,
John

PS - welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: CLB on EXPORT & MN6/MN12 C5's