C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 TB PnP connector to LS1/6 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 06:16 PM
2ndVette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS2 TB PnP connector to LS1/6 ?

I am looking for a vendor that has a true plug and play connector with correct plug in adaptors ON BOTH ENDS for the use of an LS2 90 mm TB onto an LS1/6 engine. I know of the one from DTE, but that is not a true plug and play conversion piece as it would still need either butt connectors /soldering or some other method of workmanship to mate to the necessary OEM wires.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:58 PM
FULTILT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did this on my Z06, simply hard-wired it, you match all colors with 2 wires left over from original tb, real easy with butt connectors and seems to be working great. I know this is not what you want to hear but I do not know of a plug conversion kit.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:45 AM
2ndVette
Drifting

the only angst I have against using butt connectors is that, if I were wanting to sell or go back to stock (for whatever reason) the wiring is now less than appearance attractive and would be viewed negatively by a purist (and we all know how **** those types can be)
Old 08-11-2005, 12:53 AM
IFLUBYU
Drifting

DTE sells one in the $50-ish range. Not sure if it is on the website, email them or call. A&A has them too I'm sure as they sell a ported LS2 TB for thier 90mm applications.

Good Luck!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:05 AM
2ndVette
Drifting

the DTE unit is NOT plug and play, I have that one already. The A&A unit isn't plug and play either, hence my search for a vendor willing to put the effort in to creating a true OEM looking piece with correct adaptors on BOTH ends. NO PIGTAILS!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:28 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

check waytekwire.com. they have almost all GM plugs. I got an oil level sending unit plug from them for 2 bucks vs. 50 the dealer wanted

dave
Old 08-11-2005, 07:56 AM
DTE Powertrain
Collections Hold

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're not going to find a PnP harness for the LS2 throttle body because there is no such O.E. female connector socket that matches the configuration of the male end of our pigtail other than the molded female throttle body connector itself. (We've been there already) The only way you are going to get that particular female molded connector is if someone investes in a permanant injection mold to produce it, which can be quite costly, especially for the relatively low volume this connector would be.

It's really quite easy to solder in the pigtail properly for a very clean, o.e appearance, especially when the wiring is wrapped with o.e. conveluted wire loom... We've done it manyyyy times and it looks VERY O.E.M.

BTW- The pigtail from A & A is the same as ours... He sells our product.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:01 AM
see5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went through this a while back. Problem is no one makes a female end for the LS1 plug.
http://www.currentperformance.com/Co...onnectors.html
Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 AM
SideStep
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndVette
the only angst I have against using butt connectors is that, if I were wanting to sell or go back to stock (for whatever reason) the wiring is now less than appearance attractive and would be viewed negatively by a purist (and we all know how **** those types can be)

If you are that concerned about resale value I would not modify it at all.... Mods are compromises...
Old 08-11-2005, 02:27 PM
2ndVette
Drifting

thanks to everyone that replied. I was afraid that would be the answer. BTW, it's a little late for me to worry about mods , my comment about visual effects were to eliminate those pesky purists that stare at your car wondering what is different about it. You know who you are!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 PM
FixedRoof
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Soldered mine.. looks factory...

Get notified of new replies

To LS2 TB PnP connector to LS1/6 ?

Quick Reply: LS2 TB PnP connector to LS1/6 ?