C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 PCM P1518 code

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 09:49 AM
paid4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 PCM P1518 code

I pulled into work today and my check engine light was on along with the traction control module light. It is a 97 coupe that is completely stock. I ran the codes and came up with the following :
10 PCM P1518H
and P1571H
28 TCS
38-RTD
I looked the codes up and know what they are but have no idea where to start looking for the problem. I did put some gas in the tank from a service station that I never used before. It was their highest octand rating gas. Would this cause the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:58 PM
paid4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paid4
I pulled into work today and my check engine light was on along with the traction control module light. It is a 97 coupe that is completely stock. I ran the codes and came up with the following :
10 PCM P1518H
and P1571H
28 TCS
38-RTD
I looked the codes up and know what they are but have no idea where to start looking for the problem. I did put some gas in the tank from a service station that I never used before. It was their highest octand rating gas. Would this cause the problem? Any help would be appreciated.
At lunch I cleared all codes and started it up. No check engine light or Traction control light on the panel. I let it run for 4 minutes and still no lights. I hope I can make it home without incident. I did a search and found some info on the 1518 code and will check the TAC module when I get home.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:01 PM
ROCKnROLL
Veteran
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the DTC P1518 last week along with C1278.
I got some messages along with "reduced engine power".
There's a technical service bulletin (TSB) about possible problems with the tac module for the 97 & 98 models. GM came out with a new and improved one.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:54 PM
VFRLuke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This just happened to me today. Got reduced engine power message and coasted around a corner. I didn't even have enough power to pull the car forward 5-6 feet to get out of the road.

I turned the car off and restarted it and it seemed fine but the check engine light was still on. I pulled the codes and had a p1518 and a c1278. Reset the codes and it seems to be doing fine now.

I hope it doesn't start doing this all the time now. If I buy a new TAC module is there any calibrations that need to be done or is it a plug and play type of repair?

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/q....php?qstId=257
I also ran acrossed this link looking into this.

Thanks in advance for any good information

Luke

Get notified of new replies

To 10 PCM P1518 code

Quick Reply: 10 PCM P1518 code