C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Help Help[ PIAA will not light.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Nodk4u
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Help Help[ PIAA will not light.

I have read all the posts and still can't get it...

Here is what I have.

2000 c5

Relay on PIAA is a PL5FA. I have 12v to the relay. There is big black and big white wire to the relay that is sending power to the relay. There is a "small black with brown" wire and a "small white with red" wire that come off the battery side of the relay and dissapear down towards the front of the car. I am thinking this must be going to the switch somewhere. There is another "small white/red" wire coming from the front of the car in the small bundle with the other two multicolor small wires that is stripped and not attached to anything.

I see nothing connected to a "relay 39" at the fuse box unless the "purple wire" that is talked about is spliced into somewhere towards the front of the car.

They worked last week but not know. Soooooo? Burned out both bulbs at once? THey are behind screens to they will be a pain to remove.

Anyone have wiring and testing suggestions on the relay? I have tested it and can not find anything that looks like 12v on and 12v off coming off the 4 pins on the distal end.

Help....I am in the dark...literrally!!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 11:45 AM
RPOZ4Z
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

do you hear the relay energize when you turn the fog lights on?

did you check for a blown fuse?

the bigger guage wires most likely are going to the fog lights, the smaller guage wire is for energizing the relay.

Last edited by RPOZ4Z; 01-06-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Nodk4u
Pro

Yes if I hit the switch to turn on the fogs I can here the relay clicking. The #10 fuse is OK. It shows that is the one for the fogs.

I would like to test by powering up the lights just distal to the PIAA relay. There are 4 connectors here. I am assuming they are + and - to each light. Just not sure. I can hook to these directly to the battery and get lights to light I am thinking I have a relay problem. If not I am thinking I have a switch or blown out fogs.

Can not seem to find a good schematic on these.....
Old 01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
runman
Intermediate

check again,it should be fuse #6, 10 amp

Get notified of new replies

To Help Help Help[ PIAA will not light.

Quick Reply: Help Help Help[ PIAA will not light.