C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hunter DSP 400(alignment rack) meets Grond(lower than most), no issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 08:19 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Hunter DSP 400(alignment rack) meets Grond(lower than most), no issues

i'm always reading drama about lowering c5/6's to the point of not being able to be driven onto an alignment rack; urban legend/false/haven't tried/etc., it's all false, EG drove up to Mel's garage in Avon, CT last week before the trip to Florida, i brought some 8 foot, 2X8's from my house and with a few people watching, he drove the car on the rack, needed to raise the rear of the car w/ jack and push the car on/off rack

the key here is the dsp400 with forward firing freaking lasers and a competent tech

fyi--EG's car is lowered utilizing DRM coilovers(stock shocks/springs removed), is the height of the car rational.....that's another thread
Old 02-26-2006, 08:28 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

The shop that does mine has the Hunter DSP 400. I need to get my car back there for another alignment and I'm going to bring some sections of 2x10's with me.

Not Grond-low but low.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:31 AM
0ATI Performance
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We built custom 15ft aluminum ramps for our Hunter alignment rack. The ramps detach after the car is driven onto the rack. Works fine even with very low race-prepped C5's.

We used to use 2x10's. Be very careful when driving on because they can shoot out from under the car when the front wheels get on the rack, and then a lowered car might land on the rocker panels.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:38 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

very true on the ramps shooting back, we jacked the rear xmember and pushed the car on the rack once the front wheels were on

Get notified of new replies

To Hunter DSP 400(alignment rack) meets Grond(lower than most), no issues

Quick Reply: Hunter DSP 400(alignment rack) meets Grond(lower than most), no issues