C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 12:05 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default 3rd Brake Light

I have a question??? Has anyone replaced the bulbs in their 3rd brake light. One of the little bulbs went out in mine and it looks like a @%$&@ to get to. How do I accomplish replacing the bulbs? Thanks...
Old 08-14-2001, 01:17 AM
C5_Tom
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Re: 3rd Brake Light (C5-VERT)

The third brake light is an LED array, I am fairly certain it has to be replaced as a unit. It is easy to remove, just remove one of the inboard tail lights and you can reach in and access the center unit. It is secured by two screws, 7mm if I remember correctly, the units have slots so the screws don't have to be completely removed. Losen the screws and the unit pops loose, disconnect the harness and remove through the tail light opening. Reverse the procedure to install. I don't have my parts CD handy so I can't give you a part number. Hope this helps.

Tom

[Modified by C5_Tom, 10:18 PM 8/13/2001]
Old 08-14-2001, 01:35 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: 3rd Brake Light (C5_Tom)

Thanks, that helps alot. Thats alot better than having to remove the bumper! :eek:

Get notified of new replies

To 3rd Brake Light

Quick Reply: 3rd Brake Light