C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think my battery has VD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 10:13 AM
SynistrC5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think my battery has VD?

Best day of the year so far I go to start the car and drive it for the first time this morning. I un hook the coil packs(so I can get a few cranks on the motor and distribute some oil) and click * click* click. I figure no big deal I havent started it in a month. I go to grab the charger and pop the hood.

Next thing I know i'm staring at my battery there is this green growth all over the positive terminal on my battery. I believe I am going to need a new battery so i'll upgrade to a dry cell, but what the hell is this growth on my battery. I have never seen anything like it before!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:27 AM
kdub1
Racer

definitely the clap.

seriously, if it's the stock battery, there is a problem with the positive lugs breaking loose, losing electrical connection and leaking acid. it's probably just corrosion.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:42 AM
SynistrC5
Racer

I'm defenitly going to get a new battery after work. I have never seen a growth this big on a battery its like the size of an adult nose!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:31 PM
vetteguy02
Advanced

It will be a good idea to check if there is damage to the wiring and the computer under the leaking battery. Use baking soda and water to neutralize the acid.

Get notified of new replies

To I think my battery has VD?

Quick Reply: I think my battery has VD?