C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help...idle problems w/229v2 cam, plus???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 03:42 AM
99VETTE PILOT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help...idle problems w/229v2 cam, plus???

I just had MMS IIx heads, MMS 229v2 cam, Superchips re-prog PCM installed w/other items in my sig. When I picked car up from garage it would stay running as long as I was on it, else it would die. I got it home and the idle never straightened out...now the car won't start period. I disconnected the MAFT & did a PCM reset but no change...turns over but won't start. Also I pulled a $.h.i.t load of codes however the only ones that returned after being reset are 10-PCM P0101 C and A6-SCM B2605 C
Any/all insight is greatly appreciated, Thanks

[Modified by 99VETTE PILOT, 2:45 AM 8/23/2001]

[Modified by 99VETTE PILOT, 2:45 AM 8/23/2001]
Old 08-23-2001, 08:24 AM
CoolSSBoy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help...idle problems w/229v2 cam, plus??? (99VETTE PILOT)

Sounds like a vacuum leak or possible tuning issue. Could also be valve train preload. What has the shop and MMS had to say? I would start with both of them and go from there. Was the shop experienced in LS1's? I remember reading somewhere that MMS only guarantees the performance of their package if done at their shop and dyno'd on their dyno. Hopefully this won't get into a pissin' and finger pointin' match between you, MMS and the shop. Good luck.

AJ

Quick Reply: Help...idle problems w/229v2 cam, plus???