C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Male" part stuck in "female" part of weatherpack...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Default "Male" part stuck in "female" part of weatherpack...

ok sorry for the sexual innuendo but I could think of no other way to describe my problem... guess I have a one track mind haha... I was wondering why my AC ext temp gauge said it was 20 degrees outside in the middle of May. The first thing I checked was the sensor on the side of the radiator shroud. Upon removing it, much to my dismay it was all rusty inside there. One of the "male parts" is lodged into the "female" part and is all rusted in place. I'm not sure how to get it out, because the pin is very small and I don't think I have a drill bit that small. Further, a drill bit is round and the weatherpack male part is square!

Can I buy another female weatherpack from somewhere to repair my connector? Or, any ides of how to get the male part out of the female part?

PS that sensor is only $5 but it cost $7 to ship it...
PSS when that sensor is disconnected, the outside temp gauge will read 69 degrees
Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 PM
tiojames
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default connector stuck

I would suggest shooting it with some sort or corrosion dissolver such as liquid wrench. I had my car in to be worked on a short time ago and the sensor read 69 like you said. Nowhere under the fender area can I find the wire to plug into the sensor, I even pulled the fender apart and took out the brake duct. I would really appreciate it if you could tell me where the wire originates from that plugs into the sensor at the shroud. Thanks, James
Old 05-22-2006, 03:31 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

pb blaster, available at wolly world

Get notified of new replies

To "Male" part stuck in "female" part of weatherpack...

Quick Reply: "Male" part stuck in "female" part of weatherpack...