C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE:B&M Trans Deep Pan Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default RE:B&M Trans Deep Pan Install

Greetings All,

FYI - I`m in the process of installing B&M`s (B&M p/n 70260) deep pan on my A4 and I thought the following info may be helpful to those considering/planning an install themselves.

Per the B&M tech dept, the DEEP PAN requires A DIFFERENT FILTER than a stock C5, B&M requires GM p/n 24200796 which is deeper and necessary for proper fluid pick up at the bottom of the deep pan.

This is noted on the back side of the instructions but I wanted to give a "heads-up" to those who will buy the filter prior to beginning the install, thus avoiding a trip back to the dealer to exchange filters.

Also....... many of you wondered how far down this deep pan will hang, It measures aprox 1/16th of an in lower than the the lowest point of the stock pan and still sits well above the lowest point of the exhaust that exits on either side of the pan.

I`m not real tech savy but I`ll try and post pics of the finished install.

Rick

Last edited by R.P.; 06-15-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:24 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Good info - thanks for the heads up
Old 06-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Waiting on your sucessful report...and hopeful decreased tranny temps

I'm ready to order mine.

.....just wish I didn't recently replace my tranny filter

DH
Old 06-15-2006, 06:18 PM
DRIVER456
Melting Slicks

Location: NY- 2013 Corvette Challenge Champion-2013 Index Combo Champion 2015 CC/MM Champion
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I have a deeper trans pan that I bought from JEG's,TCI makes it,It holds 2 qt's more and you can use stock filter.The only thing is it has a drian plug,But no fill plug.They have a fill plug kit that I put in.You have to drill a hole in the side of the pan,Very easy to do,I haven't had any problem's........................Paul
Old 06-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Rag-Top Rick
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by R.P.
Greetings All,

FYI - I`m in the process of installing B&M`s (B&M p/n 70260) deep pan on my A4 and I thought the following info may be helpful to those considering/planning an install themselves.

Per the B&M tech dept, the DEEP PAN requires A DIFFERENT FILTER than a stock C5, B&M requires GM p/n 24200796 which is deeper and necessary for proper fluid pick up at the bottom of the deep pan.

This is noted on the back side of the instructions but I wanted to give a "heads-up" to those who will buy the filter prior to beginning the install, thus avoiding a trip back to the dealer to exchange filters.

Also....... many of you wondered how far down this deep pan will hang, It measures aprox 1/16th of an in lower than the the lowest point of the stock pan and still sits well above the lowest point of the exhaust that exits on either side of the pan.

I`m not real tech savy but I`ll try and post pics of the finished install.

Rick

UPDATE: I just got back from the dealer, GM has changed the above mentioned p/n to: 24229186
It`s the same filter, the old number will just refer to the new number in GM`s computer.

Rick

P.S. B&M claims an add 3qt capacity and has both a fill & drain plug

Last edited by R.P.; 06-15-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:59 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DRIVER456
I have a deeper trans pan that I bought from JEG's,TCI makes it,It holds 2 qt's more and you can use stock filter.The only thing is it has a drian plug,But no fill plug.They have a fill plug kit that I put in.You have to drill a hole in the side of the pan,Very easy to do,I haven't had any problem's........................Paul

Unless its A LOT cheaper than the B&M it seems like a bit of a hastle and has less capacity. Does it have cooling fins??

Did you notice any reduction in tranny temps ???

DH
Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by R.P.
UPDATE: I just got back from the dealer, GM has changed the above mentioned p/n to: 24229186
It`s the same filter, the old number will just refer to the new number in GM`s computer.

Rick
Thanks Rick

DH

Get notified of new replies

To RE:B&M Trans Deep Pan Install

Quick Reply: RE:B&M Trans Deep Pan Install