C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gutted Pre-Cats + High Flow Cats

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Say'n Somthin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gutted Pre-Cats + High Flow Cats

= LOUD. I also have the Corsa Pace Car System with the X-pipe. I know there were some questions a while back on this. Well, I tried it with the Random Tech Cats and gutted the pre-cats and this thing sounds like a drag car. It definetly changed the sound to a more throatier pitch than the high tech sound I was used to. I would get a sound sample but do not have the equipment to do so. Can't wait til the wife hears this -

Last edited by Say'n Somthin; 07-19-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Corsa Pace Car System with the X-pipe=LOUD I switched to the Corsa Touring System because of this...
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 PM
6Speeder
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Say'n Somthin
= LOUD. I also have the Corsa Pace Car System with the X-pipe. I know there were some questions a while back on this. Well, I tried it with the Random Tech Cats and gutted the pre-cats and this thing sounds like a drag car. It definetly changed the sound to a more throatier pitch than the high tech sound I was used to. I would get a sound sample but do not have the equipment to do so. Can't wait til the wife hears this -
Yep. Now try it with heads/cam, long tubes, and 3" mids with NO CATS. Now that's loud.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:51 AM
tnsyty
Instructor

I have LG Pros, 3" mids, no cats and pace car. My friends say it sounds like a Sportbike. It is definately Unique!
Old 07-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Say'n Somthin
Advanced

I have heard some of the fella's on the board with the heads/cam and headers and they sound potent!! I hope I can get use to it. It surprised me some but that is what I get for getting a wild hair up my a**!!! I have been told that it sounds real good but I was used to the high tech sound; not any more. So I hope I have helped some fellow members and answered any of the questions.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:02 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 6Speeder
Yep. Now try it with heads/cam, long tubes, and 3" mids with NO CATS. Now that's loud.
Add a 3200 stall converter and 3.90's on an A4 to your mods and whoa nelly!! Actually drove me to the Z06 Ti's to keep the noise to a manageable level.

Get notified of new replies

To Gutted Pre-Cats + High Flow Cats

Quick Reply: Gutted Pre-Cats + High Flow Cats