C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air hose

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Fire
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air hose

After I installed the halltech stinger to my 04 zo6. I notice the air hose from my air pump. What do I need to do with it clamp the hose off or add another filter to just the hose. The halltech does not have a place to install the air hose?
Old 07-29-2006, 08:15 AM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

ya mean to tell me the kit doesn't address that. don't plug it . you will trip cel. no nipple sticking out of the new stuff? call the maker. you should [must] filter that air for the pump ,takes little dirt to kill them . make youre own if ness. a car from the 80's in the air cleaner a small filter for pcv ?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:03 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Go to AUTOZONE or CHECKER and look in the import "performance parts" section...don't let anyone see you doing it if you've driven your Corvette to the store.
They'll have small open gauze valve cover filters, usually in chrome, red or blue. The filter will have a rubber connector on one side which is typically used with a hose clamp to secure the filter to a pipe OD.
The OD of the rubber connector should be very close to the ID of the air pump hose, maybe requiring just a little trimming of the ridge at the bottom of the rubber connector. Secure the filter within the hose with the oem plastic click clamp.
The other alternative is to drill a hole, install a grommet and buy a 90 degree plastic elbow to install the air pump hose into your HALLTECH. I think that looks cleaner. You can find the parts at any HOME DEPOT, ACE or TRUE VALUE. The elbows can be found in their plumbing/evaporative cooling parts department. Select the elbow that fits the ID of the air pump hose, select the grommet that fits the elbow OD, drill the hole according to the OD of the grommet (at the inside OD or recessed area).

Last edited by hotwheels57; 07-29-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:07 PM
cenzo
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has a hole in the top of the filter for the air hose. Check that you have the filter on right and the hole is not over on the passenger side.

Get notified of new replies

To air hose

Quick Reply: air hose