C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U1255 code and more PEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
robertp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U1255 code and more PEASE HELP!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1999 C5 convertible.

Can somebody please help me determine what might be causing the following codes.

U1016h- loss of communication with PCM
U1040h- loss of communication with TCS
U1064h- loss of communication with BCM
U1088h- loss of communication with SDM
U1096h- loss of communication with IPC
U1160h- Loss of Communications with LDCM
U1255h- Serial Data Line Malfunction
U1301h- Serial Data Line Short to Voltage

I just learned from reading other post that the "h" after a code means that the code is stored in the computers history (what a great forum!) can these codes be cleared out? I show no "c" codes or current problems how ever I'm still having the problem descibed below.

I get the infamous service traction control, service ABS, service ride control everytime I start the car. I bought the car three months ago and the problem started the day after. It was intermitent at first but now is constant. However once in a while I'll start the car and have no messages. My gut feeling is the problem might be rain related as we have had a lot of rain as of late.
One other problem I've had two or three times is I will get all the above messages and also reduce power, shocks inoperalbe, the A/C shuts down and I have no power to the drivers door controls. If I shut off the car, open the door, and shake the boot protecting the wiring harness I regain power to the door controls and the messages goes away whe I restart the car. This problem also seems to be rain related.

By the way this my first Corvette and I'm lovin' it.

Any help at all will sure be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by robertp; 09-17-2006 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:46 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

The first thing I'd check would be the battery. Random electrical faults can be caused by a bad battery.

Also it would be worth checking the grounds to see if you have corrosion.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:06 PM
robertp
Instructor

Thanks DeeGee I checked the grounds on the front frame rails yesterday and they looked good. I took them loose and cleaned them anyway. I know there are others I haven't checked yet. The battery seems fine but I'll have it checked this week. Any other suggestion would be great.
Old 11-29-2023, 09:30 PM
91stangy
1st Gear

Originally Posted by robertp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1999 C5 convertible.

Can somebody please help me determine what might be causing the following codes.

U1016h- loss of communication with PCM
U1040h- loss of communication with TCS
U1064h- loss of communication with BCM
U1088h- loss of communication with SDM
U1096h- loss of communication with IPC
U1160h- Loss of Communications with LDCM
U1255h- Serial Data Line Malfunction
U1301h- Serial Data Line Short to Voltage

I just learned from reading other post that the "h" after a code means that the code is stored in the computers history (what a great forum!) can these codes be cleared out? I show no "c" codes or current problems how ever I'm still having the problem descibed below.

I get the infamous service traction control, service ABS, service ride control everytime I start the car. I bought the car three months ago and the problem started the day after. It was intermitent at first but now is constant. However once in a while I'll start the car and have no messages. My gut feeling is the problem might be rain related as we have had a lot of rain as of late.
One other problem I've had two or three times is I will get all the above messages and also reduce power, shocks inoperalbe, the A/C shuts down and I have no power to the drivers door controls. If I shut off the car, open the door, and shake the boot protecting the wiring harness I regain power to the door controls and the messages goes away whe I restart the car. This problem also seems to be rain related.

By the way this my first Corvette and I'm lovin' it.

Any help at all will sure be appreciated. Thanks

any chance you are still active on here and remember what the fix was for this?
Old 11-30-2023, 10:09 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,686 Posts

Originally Posted by 91stangy
any chance you are still active on here and remember what the fix was for this?
Member has not been active since 2010 !!
Old 12-03-2023, 03:41 PM
wayne100
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

not him but any H code is an old one you just have to hit reset while you are seeing the code

Get notified of new replies

To U1255 code and more PEASE HELP!

Quick Reply: U1255 code and more PEASE HELP!