C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Fobus
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Seats

I recently bought a 97 corvette with standard seats and I would like to replace them with factory sport seats. My driver's side seat is powered but my passenger seat is not. The sport seats are both powered with memory.

Do I need to change any electrical modules or add wiring to make the sport seats operational in my car?

Thanks
Old 09-24-2006, 11:15 AM
94legaleagle
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe there is a seat control module or a memory control module, but I'm not sure where it is at - I know your buttons on the drivers door for windows, etc are different w/ the memory package (I've got an extra that I will sell if you need it)

I'm guessing that you will have to run wires for the passenger seat, since your pass seat is currently not electric, but I'm not 100% sure

Also, the memory package auto adjusted the settings on the outside mirrors, as well as the radio level.

Good luck w/ the swap, but I think you will need a few more pieces of the puzzle.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Fobus
7th Gear

Thanks for the info.

I'm not interested in making the memory option functional.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:11 PM
kuhnsmith
Cruising

Default powered sport passenger seat

How did your seat swap go? I've got a '98 that I'm interested in swapping my standard seats out for a set of sport seats that would also make my passenger seat into a powered seat. I don't see any wiring on the floor on the passenger side like there is on the driver's side. I've posted questions about this a couple of times on the forum but never got a response.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Tigershark3
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd be interested in the same swap but if I could just leave the electrics the same (driver's side powered and pasenger manual) that would be ok. What I don't know is if the sport seats came with a manual adjustment option.

Get notified of new replies

To Replacing Seats

Quick Reply: Replacing Seats