C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vids from Ennis!! Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 01:13 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vids from Ennis!! Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!!

Man if you missed this Friday out @ the track - you REALLY missed a GREAT C5 Show :cheers:

I am posting a HUGE movie with "so so" quality to you guys can watch most of the C5 runs that night (however I didn’t get all of them).

Right Click then choose save!

Compilation Vid 32.5 Megs :eek: Contanis SEVERAL Runs of SEVERAL C5s

BLACK-HT Compliation Vid 17 Megs

Me vs Big Carrot "2 outta 3" Compilation Vid 15.8 Megs - BigCarrot won! However - I had faster times - he spanked me off the light.. :lol:

Me vs a Cop Car from Tulsa Oklahoma!8.3 Megs :cool:

And the highlight of the night.. I was asked to run against a 10sec NA Mustang :eek: although I knew I was gonna have my A. S. S. S. handed to me - I said what the heck! I would just go run and try and better my time.. :D

Well - from the launch I spun out hard and am SO GLAD I did, as this guy blew his passenger rear tire and didn’t know it - and kept on :smash: hammering away until he got broad side and came across my lane and hit the wall!!! I stopped and helped the guy out of his car and realized he was trapped as his door wouldn’t open :eek: !! I asked him if he wanted me to bend his door open or come thought the window as he was struggling with his 5/6 point harness seat belt, and he replied "BEND IT!!" - thus I grabbed his door/window frame and bent his door into an "L" shape so he could get out. He then was struggling to get out due to the side bars on his roll cage and I just grabbed @ his shirt and tugged as he sprung from the car!! WOW Whatta Experience!!!. I was EXTREMELY happy that he was OK and was very sad to see his beautiful car destroyed as the frame was bent very awkward.. I stayed and helped pickup the pieces and then went on to make a few more runs :cheers:

Me vs 10Sec Mustang Ennis Wipe Out Video 10.1 Megs :cool:

[Modified by bparker, 1:28 PM 9/17/2001]
Old 09-17-2001, 01:16 AM
Maverick
Drifting

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!!

I can resize the movie for you. Good God, its huge :D

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed it.

Mav
Old 09-17-2001, 02:28 AM
VetteOnSHINE
Racer

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! (Maverick)

Man am I glad I have high-speed access!!! :D :cheers: :D
Old 09-17-2001, 02:35 AM
flynbludream
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! (VetteOnSHINE)

Please have Maverick resize. I don't want to leave the computer on all night to download them. :nono:
Old 09-17-2001, 09:32 AM
CarolinaC5
Advanced

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! (flynbludream)

Great video. I love my cable modem! :cheers:
Old 09-17-2001, 09:39 AM
Peach
Safety Car

Orlando Events Coordinator
Cruise-In II Veteran

Great video,can you tell me how you get that from the camera to that point. How do you convert it to MPEG???? What software etc.Capture card??

Thanks
Old 09-17-2001, 09:43 AM
NoMercy
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! (CarolinaC5)

Pretty damn cool!! :D :flag
Old 09-17-2001, 09:47 AM
Q-Silver
Drifting

Default Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!! (bparker)

Awesome vids, as usual. Thanks! :D
Old 09-17-2001, 10:15 AM
C5Longhorn
Race Director

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!! (Q-Silver)

Great Videos. Glad to hear everyone was ok.

Old 09-17-2001, 10:34 AM
CRUZMISL
Safety Car

Default Re: Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!! (rschiltz)

Cool videos. I don't mind the large size. With my DL accelerator it takes about 90 seconds to download them :yesnod: What times were you guys running that night? Doesn't Big Carrot have a Yank 3500 and 3.42?

Be :cool:

Joe
Old 09-17-2001, 11:03 AM
C5Noir
Safety Car

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT

Bparker, what video camera do you use, and what firewire card do you use and software to upload these from your camera to your computer? ThankS
Old 09-17-2001, 11:04 AM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!! (rschiltz)

Heya dude,

I love your videos, but they always cut out on me and hang at about the 2/3rds in point.

...?!? Anyone else??
Old 09-17-2001, 11:32 AM
C5chicky
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!! (MelloYellow)

Schweet videos! I sure am glad you are all ok! :D
Old 09-17-2001, 12:19 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Awesome night

What an awesome night, I wish I could have gone. Unfortunately, it was my girlfriend's birthday and I don't think she would have understood if I went to Ennis and left her behind. She wouldn't have wanted to go, I tried that once and she didn't have any fun. :(
Old 09-17-2001, 12:56 PM
The One
Melting Slicks

Thanks for the vids, Brent. Glad you didn't get tangled up with that 'Stang.
I have to say, it was painful watching my run with another 'Stang in the comp vid - you know - the one purging N20 like crazy at the line then proceeding to lift the wheels on launch? :crazy:

I saved some face (in my own mind at least) with the .09 light I cut on him with an instant green! :D I also ran a 12.84. A personal best until yesterday, when I ran a 12.76 @ 112.03 at the Muscle Car Challenge. :D :D :D

Take care...

JC
Old 09-17-2001, 03:44 PM
thekev_2000
Racer

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker....

Thanks for sharing, cool vids. What type of video cmers do you have. I am in the market for one.

.....cable modem Internet access the only way to download!
Old 09-17-2001, 06:02 PM
CMilVette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! (The One)

Nice videos Bparker! I need to make it out again.....

The One...........Nice 12.76 et and 112 trap speed............Your car is running strong! How much of a difference did your drag radials make in your 60'?

Get notified of new replies

To Vids from Ennis!! Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!!

Old 09-17-2001, 07:14 PM
The One
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! (CMilVette)

... How much of a difference did your drag radials make in your 60'?
Hi Chris!

That's the good news: my 60' on that run was only 2.05! That tells me I still have some quicker ET's comin'. :D :D :D

I'm still learning how to drive those damn things and have yet to launch without a bog. They hook! :crazy:

JC
Old 09-17-2001, 07:49 PM
CMilVette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! (The One)

... How much of a difference did your drag radials make in your 60'?

Hi Chris!

That's the good news: my 60' on that run was only 2.05! That tells me I still have some quicker ET's comin'. :D :D :D

I'm still learning how to drive those damn things and have yet to launch without a bog. They hook! :crazy:

JC
That is awesome man........You could easily be in the mid 12's or better with a better 60', and cooler weather/lower humidity!!! Congrats :cheers:
Old 09-17-2001, 08:13 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Vids from Ennis!! Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More!

Thanks for all of the replies guys! :cheers:

I am using one of Sony's new digital camcorders and I cant remember the model (my memory says something like an 850??) right now - but I paid a grand for it new about two or three months ago.. Its pretty cool - has night vision, memory stick for digital stills on it and WAY TOO many bells and whistles to list... :yesnod:

For the videos, I bought the Dazzle Digital Video Creator II that came with an MPEG-2 Card for better compression.. The setup is fairly simple to use and create vids from any camcorder. I paid retail @ Compusa 499.99 for it.. (Just FYI)

Quick Reply: Vids from Ennis!! Staring BigCarrot, BLACK-HT, BParker + Many More! + A Mustang Crash + A COP!!!!