C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removal of instrument panel electrical center

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 04:10 PM
RJS2000VETTE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removal of instrument panel electrical center

has anyone removed the instrument panel electrical (fuse box) that is mounted in the RH footwell? or can you remove the relays to replace them? If so what kind of a job is it? And how do you remove relays from the fuse panel?
Old 11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Not sure why you would have to remove the entire fuse panel to change a relay. As far as I know, the relays just pull out to replace. Sometimes they can be in their sockets really tight though and may need a little help from a small scredriver by prying up around the base of the relay.
HTH,
Robert
Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 AM
RJS2000VETTE
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my reason for possible replacing the whole fuse box is I bought a 2000 vette that was a theft recovery, what I didn't know was that the front of the car was nosed into water and water got into the fuse box. the deck lid and gas door won't open and they are controlled by relays mounted on the fuse box, so I am not sure if anything else will come back to bite me.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:21 PM
runamuk
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04

If that fuse box was submerged then so was the fuse box under the hood and all of that wiring as well.

I just pulled the entire dash out of an 04 coupe and the fuse box can be changed (I have a spare out of a 99), the main harnesses plug into the back side and each harness is held in place by a single bolt (7mm I think).

Get notified of new replies

To removal of instrument panel electrical center

Quick Reply: removal of instrument panel electrical center