C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cost of new BPMV?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
JetJazz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cost of new BPMV?

I have the dreaded Service ABS/ Service Traction Control indication with a 1243 - pump motor stalled -code.
What's the best price you guys have found for a new BPMV? I know they retail for around $1800.00. I'm currently checking with our supporting vendors.

Thanks!

Incedently, I bought a used BPMV from a member whose was parting out a vette just like mine. Found out after trying to install it that it had been submerged in water! Completely rusted inside! I'm still looking for this guy!! Very disappointed that a member would do this.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:07 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Check this out as well....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1586080
Old 01-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by JetJazz
I have the dreaded Service ABS/ Service Traction Control indication with a 1243 - pump motor stalled -code.
What's the best price you guys have found for a new BPMV? I know they retail for around $1800.00. I'm currently checking with our supporting vendors.
Did you check all of the grounds and electrical connections? Make sure all of the electrical contacts are clean and making contact. The last thing to suspect is the BPMV.

Bill
Old 01-08-2007, 09:24 AM
JetJazz
Racer

I called the folks that offer the rebuilding of EBCMs on eBay. They rebuild the EBCM but I have a 1243 -pump motor stalled. AND I have replaced the EBCM is a new one already that I got from GMPartsdirect. So how would a rebuild help me? The folks that do the rebuilding say they have never had one of their rebuilds come back.

Should I try this? The EBCM I have on the BPMV is only about nine months old.

I have the Vette at Frank's Vettes in Houson now he's really good at these things but so far we've found no solutions expcept to install a new BPMV.

Pricey!
Old 01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
ICUALL
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 99 out of 100

Most of the time these issues are electrical in nature. You need to do a through check of all the wiring before spending more $$$$. I had the same issue and it proved to be a issue with a dirty plug...

http://www.cccorvetteclub.org/EBCM_CLEANING.htm for my experience with this...
Old 01-08-2007, 10:51 AM
JetJazz
Racer

Originally Posted by ICUALL
Most of the time these issues are electrical in nature. You need to do a through check of all the wiring before spending more $$$$. I had the same issue and it proved to be a issue with a dirty plug...

http://www.cccorvetteclub.org/EBCM_CLEANING.htm for my experience with this...
Thanks. I tried all those things with no luck then I bought a brand new EBCM and it still didn't fix the problem. Still have the 1243 code. Pump Motor Stalled. My repair guy who is very good has hooked up the Tech II which can actually run the ABS. He gets a good relay reading but the motor will not turn over. Any ideas. I appreciate all the info I can get.
I have gotten great prices for a new BPMV from Forum dealerships as well as GMPartsdirect.com.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:47 AM
MLEN1UM
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default bump

bump

Get notified of new replies

To Cost of new BPMV?

Quick Reply: Cost of new BPMV?