C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B0026 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:36 PM
easyasone2three
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B0026 ?

Just got code B0026 history and current. Left Front/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Stage 1) Circuit. What is it and how can I fix it?
Old 01-08-2007, 09:02 PM
easyasone2three
Instructor

Can somebody help with this - it won't let me reset it so the "Check Engine" light is always on. Me and my brother are heading to Phoenix next week to watch Barrett-Jackson so I want to get this cleaned-up before I go.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 PM
CTSV OWNER
Burning Brakes

The manual reccomends to disconnect the battery anytime you work on the Air Bags.

I would disconnect and reconnect the yellow air bag connectors under the dash. Sometimes they don't make good contact and simply disconnecting and reconnecting them could fix a problem. It's free and worth a try.

Dave
Old 01-08-2007, 09:16 PM
N0TDADYS_98
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CTSV OWNER
The manual reccomends to disconnect the battery anytime you work on the Air Bags.

I would disconnect and reconnect the yellow air bag connectors under the dash. Sometimes they don't make good contact and simply disconnecting and reconnecting them could fix a problem. It's free and worth a try.

Dave
This sounds like a great idea... That and check your fuses. I've not played with the Airbags in my vette yet.. but on my firebird (4th gen) there are also two connectors one at the bottom of the steering col. and then behind the glove box. I'd start with the air bag module located i believe right below the HAVC, along with the checking of your airbag fuse. Should only be one.

usual procedure for air bag maintance is to disconnect the battery and remove fuse for 15 mins then you can start playing with the wires.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:10 PM
easyasone2three
Instructor

Unplugged the connectors and waited 15 then plugged them back together as you said. Worked perfect. No more code.

Thanks guys!

Get notified of new replies

To B0026 ?

Quick Reply: B0026 ?