C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock throttle body enlargement

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:27 PM
MR.KIDD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock throttle body enlargement

Have any of you tried to enlarge the stock throttle body by boring it or is it not possible?
Old 01-19-2007, 04:09 PM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR.KIDD
Have any of you tried to enlarge the stock throttle body by boring it or is it not possible?
I polished mine and I believe the issue with honing it very much is that its not solid. There is a gap between the outside casting and the inside I believe. When you polish it, it does turn out to be somewhat larger but of course in the middle its the same size. You would have to replace the blade in the throttlebody if it was to be honed.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
MR.KIDD
Racer

Originally Posted by 95BlueBomber
I polished mine and I believe the issue with honing it very much is that its not solid. There is a gap between the outside casting and the inside I believe. When you polish it, it does turn out to be somewhat larger but of course in the middle its the same size. You would have to replace the blade in the throttlebody if it was to be honed.
I was wondering if it was possible to put a larger blade in it and if so how much larger.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

NoooooOOOOOOOoooo!!!! Its way too thin and you will destroy it! If you arerunning 400 RWHp or less, you do not need to worry about it! if you have 400 + RWHP get an aftermarket intake and a LS2 TB from ValveGod

BC
Old 01-19-2007, 11:25 PM
MR.KIDD
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
NoooooOOOOOOOoooo!!!! Its way too thin and you will destroy it! If you arerunning 400 RWHp or less, you do not need to worry about it! if you have 400 + RWHP get an aftermarket intake and a LS2 TB from ValveGod

BC
Thanks for the info I just purchased the LS2TB

Get notified of new replies

To Stock throttle body enlargement

Quick Reply: Stock throttle body enlargement