C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting Front Ride Height?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adjusting Front Ride Height?

How do I adjust the front ride height, as it was lowered before i purchased the car and now I want to adjust the ride height.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Dennis Wilson
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Jack up the front & remove wheels you will see the end of the spring , It will have a threaded bolt with a 10 mm head. & a lock ring. Before you try to turn it you have to use a small jack under the outer end of the spring. & jack it up to relieve the pressure on the adjusting bolt. You turn it clockwise to raise the car so you will see less theads above the spring you have about an inch to inch & 1/2 range. Do both sides the same amount of turns. Each time you adjust it you will have to drive it to let it settle & check the height. P.S. a small hydraulic screw jack works best to raise the end of the spring. It goes right up through the lower a- arm as far to the outside of car you can get it. If you have the pressure relieved the adjusting bolt should turn freely.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:40 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help

Get notified of new replies

To Adjusting Front Ride Height?

Quick Reply: Adjusting Front Ride Height?