C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Groans

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:17 PM
RED99CPE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Suspension Groans

I have a 2003 Aniv Coupe with the magnetic suspension.

I have upgraded it with a set of Z06 swaybars.

Although the handling imporved way beyond my highest expectations I can't get rid of a set of creaks and groans.

At first it ate front sway bar bushings but on some advice I recently had a set of poly busings and heavy duty endlinks installed.

Now I have a different set of noises under different circumstances.

No longer when the suspension loads and unloads as it goes ove uneven areas on the road now I get creaking every once in a while as the car flexes.

Anybody out htere got any suggestions I'm out of ideas.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:28 PM
JEEP/C5
Burning Brakes

When i switched to the poly bushings on my z06 bars I used all of the moly lube that came with the poly kit. This lube is extremely sticky and thick and will not run out when hot like the white lithium grease did (before i put in poly + moly). That cured my moans (from the car at least).

Did your poly bushings come with a packet of lube? If not - remove bushings and lube them like crazy - after installed you can wipe the excess off.

Good luck.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:47 PM
DADEO1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JEEP/C5
When i switched to the poly bushings on my z06 bars I used all of the moly lube that came with the poly kit. This lube is extremely sticky and thick and will not run out when hot like the white lithium grease did (before i put in poly + moly). That cured my moans (from the car at least).

Did your poly bushings come with a packet of lube? If not - remove bushings and lube them like crazy - after installed you can wipe the excess off.

Good luck.
I also put on poly bushing on my sway bars.
Made all kinds of goans and creaks, and I used the lube sent.

Went out and got some CRC brake lube. This stuff is heat resistant and water proof.
Took them back off and greased the heck out of them.

All noise is gone.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:14 PM
RED99CPE
Advanced

Thanks Guys, Although I installed the original sway bars and bushings I had a performance shop that is pretty good put on the end links and poly bushings and I believed they used all the lube that came in the kit but it was just a small tube.

So I'll try your suggestions.

Is moly lube generally available or do I have to order it from a speciality site?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 PM
JEEP/C5
Burning Brakes

I had a hard time finding the right bushing lube so I just ordered the poly bushings since I knew they would have some. The lithium grease I used with the rubber bushings didnt last 6 months (and I only drive on nice weekends!).

Get notified of new replies

To Suspension Groans

Quick Reply: Suspension Groans