C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Once Again) Does Anyone Have Instructions for LS1 Coolant Change/System Flush?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2001, 03:27 PM
JKLNHDE
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default (Once Again) Does Anyone Have Instructions for LS1 Coolant Change/System Flush?

I tried to get this question answered recently and failed. For those that have flushed and filled their C5's cooling system what is the correct procedure to follow to ensure the system is completely flushed (heater core, block, etc.) and the refill process to make sure no air bubbles are present. I and my 99 coupe really appreciate any tips, pics, etc. to make sure this goes smoothly. I dont want the dealership monkeys doing anything I can do as good or better myself. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:03 PM
SoCal C5
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (Once Again) Does Anyone Have Instructions for LS1 Coolant Change/System Flush? (Z51 LS1)

You are probably having trouble finding anyone with experience with this because the C5 comes with 100,000 mile anti-freeze. Most of us have not diven far enough to need to worry about it yet. I would consult the service manual. You can pick up the 3 volume set from Fichtner Chevrolet for about $100.

[Modified by SoCal C5, 2:04 PM 10/12/2001]
Old 10-12-2001, 06:20 PM
JKLNHDE
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Re: (Once Again) Does Anyone Have Instructions for LS1 Coolant Change/System Flush? (Z51 LS1)

Thanks but I'm coming into my 4th year of ownership and even though the mileage is low better safe than sorry and it gives me an excuse to turn a wrench or two out in the garage. But seriously I really do want to perform this coming up soon. Anyone else with any helpful hints??? Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To (Once Again) Does Anyone Have Instructions for LS1 Coolant Change/System Flush?

Quick Reply: (Once Again) Does Anyone Have Instructions for LS1 Coolant Change/System Flush?