C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC lights always on??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Pwrtrip75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HVAC lights always on??

My HVAC lights are on and wont shut off. 99 FRC w/ standard controls.
If i turn the headlights on, all other lights come on, and the HVAC lights dim ok, but when I dim them completely off the HVAC turns back on bright. And the cars off and all the lights are off. Been off for 15 min and I walk by and the HVAC lights are all on.

Are these cars a nightmare electically wise?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Pwrtrip75
Racer

anyone??? Im sure my battery will be dead by tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:39 AM
skylark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same stinkin' problem ! I never did find the problem , it just went away . Now the driver's side drl is on all of the time . I just pulled the fuse for it but I am one of the few that likes them .
Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Pwrtrip75
Racer

Originally Posted by skylark
I had the same stinkin' problem ! I never did find the problem , it just went away . Now the driver's side drl is on all of the time . I just pulled the fuse for it but I am one of the few that likes them .
What is a "drl"?
I dont know whats up. I'll put the battery in later today when i get home from work. Hopefully it fixed itself over night. Ive seen bad grounds turn something else on while something was on, but when everything is off, everything should be off.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
screw991le
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

DRL = Daytime running lights
Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 AM
LF97C5Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts

Happened to me also! When i shut my door they were on bright! But when i went to use Key Fob - the car wouldn't lock... I was having all kinds of crazy electrical problems. Thats the day before i learned a leak in the back left cargo compartment had filled with water and completely submerged my RTD. The PCM freaked out and cut communication with all other control modules!!!

Once i fixed the leak, and dried out the component, everything went back to normal - and no more weird HVAC light problems...

So - because of that, i'm going to guess you have some electrical ground or leak problem... Been raining a lot there?

your DIC show any codes? Bill Curley may also be helpful on this kind of stuff...

Dan
Old 03-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Pwrtrip75
Racer

Holy acronyms. FOB, DIC, RTD?
Ive been on ls1tech for like 4 years, tuned my TA, built a turbo setup, tuned it, completly built a 97 formula w/ an ls1, thought i knew all the acronyms and then buy a vette and im clueless.

back to the subject at hand, I did have water on the pass floor. I got it all ripped apart sealing it up and cleaning the drains out. where and what is your RTD? maybe I should check mine?

Last edited by Pwrtrip75; 03-27-2007 at 11:00 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To HVAC lights always on??

Quick Reply: HVAC lights always on??