C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 Speed Reverse Lock Out ?

Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 AM
newgene
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corvettebob1
Nope, no NFL but did some testing with a strain gaged shifter a few years back and you would be amazed how much load can put through them.
I'm just thinking about the physics of that. To be able to push 150 lbs with one arm is similar to half of a 300 lb-bench press. Yes, that is not uncommon, but have you ever tried to do a bench press with just one dumbell in one arm, or accidentally forget to put a 45 on one side. It would want to torque you around the bench, especially if there is absolutely nothing in the other arm.

15 lbs doesn't sound like much, but damn...150! That's like sitting in a hammer strength machine and just using one half of it. I think the body would notice that.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Zip Fox
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the solenoid replaced. My transmission shop has received a new one and they will install it on Monday. For some reason it went bad after the torque tube bearings were replaced on my Corvette. I am curious if this has been a problem with a 2003 ZO6?

Zip Fox
Old 05-21-2007, 04:18 PM
sdef
Racer

St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re

SEARCH for my posting of this problem

sdef
Old 11-11-2007, 07:58 AM
tracjunkie914
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zip Fox
Thanks for the info, Bill. I will be goint back to the tranny shop tomorrow and will be going over this stuff. I am sure that they forgot to reconnect the reverse inhibit solenoid.
Is the connection for this on the top of the tranny? Can you get to it with the tunnel plate in place? I think I left mine off during the clutch job.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6 Speed Reverse Lock Out ?