C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know which ground points service ABS / TCS on the C5 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Jistari
Safety Car

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Anyone know which ground points service ABS / TCS on the C5 ?

As many of you are aware some C5's experience intermittent DIC error codes due to inherently poorly designed grounding connections around the vehicle.
I am getting the dreaded "TCS C1214" (Sol Valve Relay Contact or Coil CKT Open) DIC code intermittently with the associated ABS, TCS disabled indicaters on the dash.
Although not a mechanic, I have done a fair amount of research on TCS related DIC codes and the conditions that cause them (bad grounds, water in pass footwell due to clogged AC drain, inferior parts in OEM EBCM) and have been down this road before (had my EBCM replaced last year), so this post isn't really about why I'm getting the current code (although I'm appreciative to anyone who can provide a definitive answer :-) ), it's just a question I have not seen answered anywhere:
Thirteen ground points in C5 : G101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 201, 202, 301, 302, 401, 402

So . . My question:

Which of the thirteen grounding points on the C5 provide the ground for the components of the ABS and or TCS?

I'm assuming they might include 101, 102, 201 and 202 (that would be both the connectors (R+L) on the frame rails under the hood and both the connectors (R+L)by the rocker panels under the dash.
The reason I'm asking is to try and narrow down the spots to take apart and clean when this problem resurfaces during the life of the car.
Thank to Bill C for the diagrams from a previous post and much excellent info btw :w) and Thanks in advance to any respondents for your help.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

You do not have them all. The schematics and pictures in the Service Manual take some studying. G103 (Ground Ckt 1250 for the BPMV motor through the EBCM) and G108 (Ground Ckt 1251 for EBCM) are the underhood ground points you are looking for. G103 is near G101 while G108 is under the battey.

Bill
Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 AM
Jistari
Safety Car

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

I knew you would come thru :-)

So if I'm reading this right, you're saying that the two primary ground points that service the components that give the TCS errors are:

G103 Is that the large connector on the frame rail on the drivers side (the one showed in your previous post on cleaning the grounds), or another one?

and

G108 (not on the diagram) found under the battery tray?

Thanks for your time Bill

Last edited by Jistari; 07-03-2007 at 04:07 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know which ground points service ABS / TCS on the C5 ?

Quick Reply: Anyone know which ground points service ABS / TCS on the C5 ?