C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vent will not come of from defrost ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:47 PM
powderextreme
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent will not come of from defrost ?

I have a 98 coupe , the problem is the fan blows great and all but no matter where i put the direction it comes out the defrost mainlly . It does come out the other locations i put it to but still blows the most out the defrost vent . Any ideas on the fix. I did do the fix for the digital display and it worked fantastic as well ,i never noticed it before a couple days ago . Cudoes to the people for the oil pressure switch change as well as it worked great cutting the hole .
Old 07-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Blown 346
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by powderextreme
I have a 98 coupe , the problem is the fan blows great and all but no matter where i put the direction it comes out the defrost mainlly . It does come out the other locations i put it to but still blows the most out the defrost vent . Any ideas on the fix. I did do the fix for the digital display and it worked fantastic as well ,i never noticed it before a couple days ago . Cudoes to the people for the oil pressure switch change as well as it worked great cutting the hole .
There are doorways that direct the air where to go, There have been a few that have been stuck or broken. The only real way to tell is to pull them out which consists of taking thr dash apart and removing the air ducts.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:52 AM
TLewis4095
Le Mans Master

Vacum hose on the rear of the intake manifold right by the oil pressure sensor.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Pipedream
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
Vacum hose on the rear of the intake manifold right by the oil pressure sensor.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:12 AM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default vacuum line UNDER the BATTERY eaten by acid

Check this FIRST. Purple connector inside under passenger dash. If no vacuum rotted lines. Another post now on here concerning this. Many posts in the past including mine. BIGHANK
Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 PM
powderextreme
3rd Gear

I would like to thank you all for sending me in the right direction for the problem . It was the vacuem line under the battery tray . Once again thanks .
Old 07-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Pipedream
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to thank you all for sending me in the right direction for the problem . It was the vacuem line under the battery tray . Once again thanks .
Been there myself... found the answer here on the forum...

Old 07-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Showdown
Pro

I have the same problem, When I get home today I will look at what you guys posted. Hopefully an easy fix.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:06 PM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default vacuum line

Don't just change an inch or 2 like I did. A week later another piece broke off and I did the whole job AGAIN, THIS TIME with MOST of the plastic line replaced. Left enough on both the firewall and source lines to connect a rubber hose to. Same thing at the check valve under the passanger side fender. HAVE FUN BIGHANK

Get notified of new replies

To Vent will not come of from defrost ?

Quick Reply: Vent will not come of from defrost ?