C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 02:19 PM
turbo87
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Cooling fan not working 2000 C5

with the a/c on both fan are running,turn off a/c both fans stop and the temp keeps going up around 240 i shut it off at that time . what is the normal running temp? what turns the normal fan on? THANKS

Last edited by turbo87; 07-28-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: forgot year
Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo87
with the a/c on both fan are running,turn off a/c both fans stop and the temp keeps going up around 240 i shut it off at that time . what is the normal running temp? what turns the normal fan on? THANKS
Fan should kick on @ 228 I believe. Could be the temp sensor that tells the fans to come on, or a relay, I am not sure if its a fuse or not, I would check them anyway, its most likely the fan relay. Is your check engine light on? Check for codes anyway and post them up
Old 07-28-2007, 06:21 PM
turbo87
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvette Don
Fan should kick on @ 228 I believe. Could be the temp sensor that tells the fans to come on, or a relay, I am not sure if its a fuse or not, I would check them anyway, its most likely the fan relay. Is your check engine light on? Check for codes anyway and post them up
I checked all fuses good, i ordered a temp sensor, check engine light is not on, would the relay be bad if the fans are coming on when i turn the a/c on? How do i check for codes if check engine light is not on?

Get notified of new replies

To Cooling fan not working

Quick Reply: Cooling fan not working