C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HeadLights Will Not Open

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:31 AM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default HeadLights Will Not Open

What is the most likely cause? Is this something I can fix myself?

EDIT: After reading prior threads, looks like the Headlight Door Control Module may be the problem.

Last edited by OHSIXX; 08-05-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:32 PM
glkfam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doors won't open

Originally Posted by OHSIXX
What is the most likely cause? Is this something I can fix myself?

EDIT: After reading prior threads, looks like the Headlight Door Control Module may be the problem.
Hi,
I went round and round with this problem on my 97. I finally found a two fold problem on my car. 1st I went right to the headlamp module and brought a new one and changed it out. Nope, wasn't the problem. After that I started to troubleshoot. I found there was a problem with the actual headlight/cruise control stalk. I replaced the stalk and the problem was fixed for a couple of months and then came back. That's when I found the problems with the plug under the hood by the headlights themselves and the plug that connects under the large fuse block right by the battery. Try to check for corrosion or a loose pin in the connectors right by the headlights themselves. In that connector is the wires to the headlamps and down to the headlight module. The problem with the fuse block connector was fixed by trying to make the pins make contact a little better and tightening up the bolts holding the 3 connectors to the bottom of the fuse block. I lifted the fuse block up and unloosened the three large connecting plugs underneath the fuse block and them re-tightened them. Try the simple things first before you go to the headlamp module and the cruise/headlamp stalk. One other thing if you do change the stalk, be sure to follow the repair manual for disabling the air bag. Hope this helps a little. All these projects are really not bad if you are somewhat handy with tools and taking the car apart.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM
TimbrSS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

also check the ground connectors that are behind each headlight before you buy anything.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:49 PM
dougrodriguez
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a similar issue thought it was the control Modual from another vette it didnt fix it at all. we can jump the headlights by taking the fuse out and turning them on and then repluging the fuse in. not sure no cure to my problem has been found i just got my car back today so i need to investigate more into this. where is the headlight cruise control stalk located???? and are you saying i need to lift out the whole fuse panel next to the battery to make sure the connection there is snug for the headlight

Get notified of new replies

To HeadLights Will Not Open

Quick Reply: HeadLights Will Not Open