C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C not blowing very much air out vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Buell-rider
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C not blowing very much air out vents

My 97' C5 is having A/C problems,,(See other post about high outside temps). No matter what setting the A/C is on, it blows out of all vents (upper defroster and dash vents). Very little air is coming out of the vents even though the fan is blowing it's little heart out...Air coming out of vents is very cold, probably in the 40+ degree range, but there is just very little of it coming out. Wasnt a problem before these 100 degree days here in atlanta.. any help will be greatly appreciated,,,,,,,,thanks ron
PS: no DTC codes are showing,just checked to make sure..
Old 08-14-2007, 11:36 PM
C908
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Have you checked to see if your battery is leaking acid? Sounds like the same old thing where acid has eaten the airconditioner lines.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Richard Nogen
Instructor

Originally Posted by Buell-rider
My 97' C5 is having A/C problems,,(See other post about high outside temps). No matter what setting the A/C is on, it blows out of all vents (upper defroster and dash vents). Very little air is coming out of the vents even though the fan is blowing it's little heart out...Air coming out of vents is very cold, probably in the 40+ degree range, but there is just very little of it coming out. Wasnt a problem before these 100 degree days here in atlanta.. any help will be greatly appreciated,,,,,,,,thanks ron
PS: no DTC codes are showing,just checked to make sure..
Do a search on vacuum line it sounds like to me that is your problem. There is a small hose that plugs in the back of your intake manifold that is a PITA to but back on you have to remove the intake and all to do it. The hose pulls out of the 90 degree boot. And yes I speak from experience on that lol.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Billdog350
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is almost definitely your ac vacuum hose. It's either eaten by acid down under your battery, or unplugged or cracked somewhere between the manifold and where it plugs into the actuator. Start at the back of your manifold (PITA to get to) and go from there.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:10 AM
Buell-rider
Advanced

ok, will take a look at it today,, it is really hot and need that cold air,,will let you know what I find,,thanks ron
Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Your HVAC unit damper doors are vacuum operated. Your missing vacuum. It starts at the back of the manifold and goes down to a black plactic resivour in the passengers fender area under the battery. Then it goes through the fire wall into the passengers foot well.

The lines are nylon and run inside the wiring harnesses They can crack, get eaten my rodents and or get disloved by ACID leaking from the battery.

lOOK FOR DEFECTIVE/BROKE/DISLOVED vacuum lines.

BC
Old 08-02-2015, 07:25 PM
davidbcrow
Cruising

How about sounds fine a I can tell running all out but with ALL the air coming out of the vents they're still not much air coming through.

Get notified of new replies

To A/C not blowing very much air out vents

Quick Reply: A/C not blowing very much air out vents