C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recurring P0137 Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Recurring P0137 Code

I've only had my car for a couple months now. It's a 2001 coupe and the only mods are air intake, exhaust, and brakes.

On Aug 18th the check engine light came on and after a few restarts and a few hours of driving it cleared. The codes I pulled were P0137, B2282, and B2283 all history codes. Since I did not know which of these was the current culprit I cleared the codes to see what might reoccur.

On Aug 31st in driving around leisurely, check engine light came on again. Codes are P0137 (H and C) and B0521 H. Car is showing no driveability problems of any kind.

Both these times that I've gotten the check engine light and the P0137 code, if I run the air conditioning for 5-10 minutes the check engine light goes out and the P0137 code shows as history only.

Anyone know what the link between the P0137 code clearing and the air conditioning being on might be?

Regards,

Peter
Old 09-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Warnberg

Sounds to me like you have a sensor going bad. Check the connections to the sensor and make sure they are secure and not corroded.

P0137 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
Old 09-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Others have told me the same thing but wouldn't it behave more erratically then, as opposed to clearing when the air conditioning runs? What is it in the air conditioning system that would affect the voltage to the sensor? Does the system crank out more voltage when you run the air and therefore boost the output to the sensor and clear the condition?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Highway Hawk
Melting Slicks

Bump
Old 09-07-2007, 10:20 PM
IzzyRI
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DigitalZ
Others have told me the same thing but wouldn't it behave more erratically then, as opposed to clearing when the air conditioning runs? What is it in the air conditioning system that would affect the voltage to the sensor? Does the system crank out more voltage when you run the air and therefore boost the output to the sensor and clear the condition?
You mighty be on to someting but I doubt it has to do with charging system output voltage. If it did, the likely manifestation you'd see would be extreme dimmming of lights when the colling/HVAC fans came on. I think more likely it's sharing (O2 htr) a ground path with a high draw component. Frankly, it makes sense to eliminate the sensor first. There should be a wattage or resistance value somehwhere in here.
Let us know...

Get notified of new replies

To Recurring P0137 Code

Quick Reply: Recurring P0137 Code