C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200.00 seat control module or .50 fuse???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 09:17 PM
PugLover
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 200.00 seat control module or .50 fuse???

Am putting C6 seat in my C5. Have the passenger side all wired and looks and works great. Well when I went to put the drivers side in I couldn't get the seat to work. I kept getting the code A6 SCM no Comm. Well I could not figure out what the problem was so I figured it was the seat control module, which costs me 200.00 and I can not return it. I recieved the new SCM and put it on today but the seat would still not work. I decided to look at the fuse box again and come to find out there is a fuse for the SCM. I pulled the fuse and sure enough it was blown. I didn't know whether to be happy or mad. All I could do was laugh. I'm a weekender and I look at it as learning has occured.

If anyone is considering putting C6 seats in their C5 they are awesome.

If anyone needs a seat control module have one for sale, cheap.

Thanks for reading.

Mark
Old 09-21-2007, 09:23 PM
vmspionage
Burning Brakes

How much work was it to do the conversion? That sounds like a really cool idea but I'd probably screw up the wiring!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by PugLover
Am putting C6 seat in my C5. Have the passenger side all wired and looks and works great. Well when I went to put the drivers side in I couldn't get the seat to work. I kept getting the code A6 SCM no Comm. Well I could not figure out what the problem was so I figured it was the seat control module, which costs me 200.00 and I can not return it. I recieved the new SCM and put it on today but the seat would still not work. I decided to look at the fuse box again and come to find out there is a fuse for the SCM. I pulled the fuse and sure enough it was blown. I didn't know whether to be happy or mad. All I could do was laugh. I'm a weekender and I look at it as learning has occured.

If anyone is considering putting C6 seats in their C5 they are awesome.

If anyone needs a seat control module have one for sale, cheap.

Thanks for reading.

Mark

Mark

I seriously doubt that the connector for the C5 and C6 seats are the same and have the same input and sensor signals. The Passengers seat is not BCM monitored so you got lucky. My guess is the fuse is blown cause the wiles are not the same. Do you have a schematic fo the c5?

BC
Old 09-22-2007, 03:24 AM
PugLover
Pro

In order to do the swap I had to take the C6 seat and put it on the C5 tracks using the C5 wiring. By doing this though you have to use the C5 seat remote on the C6 seat. It does connect and the screws all line up but the C6 remotes look much better. I was able using the schematics to wire the C6 remote onto the C5 wiring. It really is not that difficult. I was just ranting becuase I first looked at the fuses and found the drives seat but did not look for one specifically for the seat control module until after I purchased a new one.

Mark
Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

for pics.

Get notified of new replies

To 200.00 seat control module or .50 fuse???

Quick Reply: 200.00 seat control module or .50 fuse???