C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May need to replace my BPMV any help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:57 PM
rkort
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May need to replace my BPMV any help

Will I just took my EBCM unit from my 2000 C5 coupe and sent it to abs fixer, not sure if they fix it, when I got it back the abs and tc light where still staying on. I may need to change the pump next, ouch. Is there anyone who sell a rebuild motor or can fix them like the EBCM unit. Is there a test to rule out motor. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
trussme
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 8 Posts
Default ...not the EBCM?..

Sounds like you've got a problem with the BPMV. Although you could replace the BPMV yourself, you have to bleed the ABS system which requires Tech II. For those like me that don't have access to Tech II, you've got 2 options. Replace the BPMV yourself and tow the car to a shop with Tech II to have it bled, or just take it in to have the BPMV replaced. The advantage is that you've already done all of the trouble shooting so you want have to pay the mechanic to diagnose the problem for you.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:12 PM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by rkort
Will I just took my EBCM unit from my 2000 C5 coupe and sent it to abs fixer, not sure if they fix it, when I got it back the abs and tc light where still staying on. I may need to change the pump next, ouch. Is there anyone who sell a rebuild motor or can fix them like the EBCM unit. Is there a test to rule out motor. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Have you cleared the codes after re-installing the EBCM ?? If so, what codes are showing at this time ??

Old 11-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

If you got a code showing the pump motor turning slowly you need to replace the pump motor. A slow turning motor draws more current and may have taken out the relay in the EBCM.

Bill
Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 PM
rkort
Racer

i am sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but i had a busy weekend.
First of all thanks for the replies. the codes that are showing up are
TCS-C1217 H, SDM-U1040 H, SCM-B2860 H, RFA-U1096 H,U1064 H,U1016H. We reset the codes and clean the ground by the pump, check the the relay in the engine compartment, and still getting the lights. i am hoping i don't have to buy a new pump, because this will kill christmas, and may have to wait.
once again thanks for the replies
roger
Old 11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
rkort
Racer

well today i clear out all the code and started the car and the check the code afterward and the only code to return was tcs-c1217 H.
any help would be appreciated, hope it not the pump $$$$.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Tourmgr1
Burning Brakes

Take it to the dealer ask them to exercise the BPMV with the Tech 2. I had the same problem and like you replaced the EBCM but no luck ...finally I broke down and visited the dealer ...no charge and it's been fine since.

Get notified of new replies

To May need to replace my BPMV any help

Quick Reply: May need to replace my BPMV any help