C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code P0449 /vent valve solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:10 PM
roadwarrior9999
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Code P0449 /vent valve solenoid

Has anyone had a problem with the vent valve solenoid ??
I have a code PCM (P0449)that I've cleared a few times but it keeps coming up. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:39 PM
BK n BLK
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by roadwarrior9999
I have a code PCM (P0449)that I've cleared a few times but it keeps coming up. Any input would be appreciated.
Hi, there is a few threads on this code already, the code is not harmful to your car, it is a emission code related to the vapors in your fuel tank, the valve allows vapours to return to engine and reduce the pressure in fuel tank so you never have pressure when removing filler cap on fill ups and venting into the atmosphere.
More then likely the solinode is bad, but do check the connection and vacuum supply.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Chrome61
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by roadwarrior9999
Just had the same problem on my 2000 model, The vent valve on mine was located in the rear between the tanks, I got lucky and some varmint had chewed though the wiring, easy fix for me.

If it's your valve I think there less than $50 from the dealer. It throws the code after the second failure.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:16 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

If you want to look at diagnostics on the issue yourself and maybe replace it also I can provide the FSM information. Just not home now.

You would need to tell us your year car in case there are any slight changes between the years. I know mid year 2003 and later might be different for sure since the whole system is different.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:15 PM
8 IRON
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I replaced solenoid/valve

I just replaced the "vent solenoid" on my 2008. Got it from the dealer, and also had to get a short adapter cable because the new solenoid has a slightly different plug size. The old solenoid was "open" - no continuity, so it didn't operate. It was a "fiddly" job because on my back under the car, I didn't have the leverage and access that a lift would provide. The solenoid is mounted on a bracket mounted on the frame. I got at it from the passenger side of the car, and didn't need to remove the wheel. I cleared the code by disconnecting the battery and then re-indexed the power windows.

Get notified of new replies

To Code P0449 /vent valve solenoid

Quick Reply: Code P0449 /vent valve solenoid