C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!What fuse is keyed power source inside car to tap into?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Default HELP!What fuse is keyed power source inside car to tap into?

I'm wiring up a line-loc today hopefully and I need to know what fuse or a wire I guess to tap into inside the car for a keyed power source. I ran the wire inside the car on the passenger side behind the battery. I have it grouned with the ground under the brake booster. I would like to be able to pull a fuse and put a connector to it to have a clean removable power source instead of cutting/splicing wires to the GM harness. However the professionals please do tell the best way. Maybe Captain Curly will step in LOL!

Thanks for your help.
Bruce
Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 AM
cliff_ford
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
I'm wiring up a line-loc today hopefully and I need to know what fuse or a wire I guess to tap into inside the car for a keyed power source. I ran the wire inside the car on the passenger side behind the battery. I have it grouned with the ground under the brake booster. I would like to be able to pull a fuse and put a connector to it to have a clean removable power source instead of cutting/splicing wires to the GM harness. However the professionals please do tell the best way. Maybe Captain Curly will step in LOL!

Thanks for your help.
Bruce
From a Bill Curlee post:
Theres a HOT and SWITCHED aux wire connector in the passengers foot well. It has 12 VDC HOT, 12 VDC Switched and GROUND. There fuses with a 20 AMP and there made for just this purpose. If they have never been accessed there going to be wrapped in black duct tape.

Look in the foot well, remove the TOE BOARD, and you will see a big silver box (the BCM). The wires will be above the box to the left near the fire wall They will be orange, yellow and black. The wires are dead ended (not attached to any thing)
Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 PM
BlackZ06
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The YELLOW is ON when the key is in ACC or ON position and is served by Fuse 11 in the I/P fuse block,

The ORANGE is ON at all times, and is powered off Fuse 7

The BLACK is GROUND and is grounded at G202

Old 03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I used fuse #22 with one of the bayonet type connectors you can get from Autozone for my heated seats. Here's a pic another member posted showing a similar fit.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackZ06

The YELLOW is ON when the key is in ACC or ON position and is served by Fuse 11 in the I/P fuse block,

The ORANGE is ON at all times, and is powered off Fuse 7

The BLACK is GROUND and is grounded at G202

SHEET!!!!!! I tapped into the orange one!!!!! UGHHHH!! So it has power all the time. Is that going to kill my battery?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
ericdwong
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Only if you leave the line lock engaged for a long period of time- which you shouldn't do anyway. The LL solenoid should not be engaged for more then a few minutes.

Get notified of new replies

To HELP!What fuse is keyed power source inside car to tap into?

Quick Reply: HELP!What fuse is keyed power source inside car to tap into?