C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 seat memory, can i cancel it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:36 PM
C5 Vette Drophead
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 seat memory, can i cancel it?

Firstly, Hi to all you Vette nuts in the US, its Mick here in the UK,

i have a teaser for you boys that i have'nt yet got answered over here on my local UK Corvette Club Forum & i am hopeing you guys can help me?

i am the very very proud owner of a Gorgeous Nassau Blue 1998 C5 Convertible (US Import) which was originally factory fitted with the non sports seats, the drivers side seat was electric (non memory) & the passenger was a non electric manual seat, as they were a little worse for wear i purchased a lovely pair of better condition fully electric memory sports seats, i have newly wired in the passenger seat from the drivers seat loom which wasn't a problem & it works just fine, although the drivers seat works perfectly fine too in all aspects the issue i have is that the drivers seat has retained its position memory from the previous car they were taken from & it always adjusts itself to an awful non wanted position every time i get in the car with the ignition on, as my car wasn't originally fitted with memory seats i haven't the memory seat switch that should be located on the drivers side door trim to switch it off, has anyone any ideas how i can just cancel the memory all together????? i don't care about a memory function at all as i wouldn't use it anyway, its doing my head in having to adjust it to my preferred position every time i sit down, any help would be gratefully received, Cheers Guys,
C5 Vette Drophead.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:10 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Try disconnecting the battery.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:28 PM
waterzap
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, good luck. I replaced my seats with non memory ones. Some guys create a switch underneath the seat, to basically switch off the power when you decide the seat is in the correct position. If you dont have the knowledge, maybe stereo installer can do that for you. On/off switch on the power to the seat.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:59 PM
C5 Vette Drophead
4th Gear

Default its me again

hey thanks for the tips so far guys, i had already removed the memory seat fuse in the main fuse box under the passenger footwell cover which cut off all power to the seats, but this didn't cure it after putting the fuse back in, maybe disconnecting the battery might help in another way so i will try that? as for a cut off switch that is an option that i can undertake myself so if all fails i will probably do that, anymore ideas peeps please let me know, long live the Vette!

C5 Vette Drophead.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:15 PM
g1k05
Instructor

Originally Posted by C5 Vette Drophead
hey thanks for the tips so far guys, i had already removed the memory seat fuse in the main fuse box under the passenger footwell cover which cut off all power to the seats, but this didn't cure it after putting the fuse back in, maybe disconnecting the battery might help in another way so i will try that? as for a cut off switch that is an option that i can undertake myself so if all fails i will probably do that, anymore ideas peeps please let me know, long live the Vette!

C5 Vette Drophead.
just throwing this out there... have you tried reprogramming the seats to where you want them to be? my Z did this, and i just made the memory be where i like it to be. seat never moves, and always in my spot.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 PM
C5 Vette Drophead
4th Gear

Default sounds good but?

sounds a good idea but would you know how i can reprogram it? i dont know how i can do this, as i havent the memory switch that should be located on the drivers door trim.
C5 Vette Drophead

Get notified of new replies

To C5 seat memory, can i cancel it?

Quick Reply: C5 seat memory, can i cancel it?