C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What shift knobs fit the new MGW shifter??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Default What shift ***** fit the new MGW shifter??

I just purchased my MGW shift **** with both levers. The C5 and the C6 shift lever. I have a C6 shifter ****. HOwever I dont have a shifter ball to put on the shift lever. I'm looking for a small shifter ball around the 1 3/4-2.0in round shift ball. Alot of them are 2.25 and they are way to big and horrible for shifter feel. The threads are 9/16-18 for this shift lever. Is that what stock C5 shifter ***** are? I thought they were smaller threads.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:23 PM
MJD
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, C5 shifter is 9/16 - 18. Just pick up a standard 2" black cue ball, drill and tap it. Works great. Cost about 15 bucks including the tap.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:39 AM
SJSZ06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJD
Yes, C5 shifter is 9/16 - 18. Just pick up a standard 2" black cue ball, drill and tap it. Works great. Cost about 15 bucks including the tap.
I thought all cue ***** were white!

I recently put an MGW shifter in my Z and went with their "gripper" shift ball. I like it a lot - not much chance of getting slippery when wet,
and it has the shift pattern on top for those times when my wife drives the Z (hasn't happened yet...)!

Get notified of new replies

To What shift knobs fit the new MGW shifter??

Quick Reply: What shift knobs fit the new MGW shifter??