C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flasher to the turn signals needs replacing

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
RED LT4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Flasher to the turn signals needs replacing

It looks like I have to replace the flasher to the turn signals and em. flashers.....where is the flasher located and what does it take to get to it?

I have a 02 vert with a six speed
Old 05-29-2008, 12:27 PM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 437 Likes on 250 Posts

Hazard Warning Switch Replacement

Removal Procedure
1. Remove theinstrument panel (IP) upper trim pad. Refer to Trim Pad Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Upper in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
2. Remove the air distribution duct and the center air outlet from the IP upper trim pad. Refer to Air Outlet Replacement - Center in HVAC.
3. Remove the hazard warning switch from the center air outlet. CAREFULLY release the switch retaining tabs from the rear of the air outlet, then pull to remove the switch. The hazard warning switch button will release from the switch.
Installation Procedure
1. Install the hazard warning switch to the center air outlet. Align the switch to the rear of the air outlet, then push to secure the switch.
2. Install the center air outlet and the air distribution duct to the IP upper trim pad. Refer to Air Outlet Replacement - Center in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning.
3. Install the hazard warning switch button. Align the button to the switch, then push to secure.
4. Position the switch in the off position.
5. Install the IP upper trim pad. Refer to Trim Pad Replacement - Instrument Panel (I/P) Upper in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:36 PM
jbauch357
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

that's waaayyy too much work to remove the dash pad.

look here for a writeup with pics: http://myweb.cableone.net/kd5fx/HSwitch/HSwitch.htm

the only thing I did different was unclip the bottom clip of the switch with a pocket screwdriver, then wedge another into the top one, then pop the whole thing with a big punch and it came right out...

shouldn't take you more than an hour even if you've never taken the center console apart before...
Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 PM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 437 Likes on 250 Posts

Very nice tutorial

Get notified of new replies

To Flasher to the turn signals needs replacing

Quick Reply: Flasher to the turn signals needs replacing