C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull key, wait 10 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Blu
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pull key, wait 10 seconds

Well I got the dreaded message and from doing research on this site it seems it could be the possible column lock crap. My only question is I never got the Service Column message? Here is the low down...

I picked my car up at the shop, I think my low speed fan is dying causing it to pull too much amps and blowing fuses. The shop has had the car to fix other minor issues as well as this one. Well driving home, no issues what so ever. Well I get about 5 miles from how and bam the car cuts power and I get the wonderful "Reduced Engine Power" message and the CEL comes on with all the other warming lights.
So I limp to the median and shut the car down, wait a few seconds and try to start it back up, and it fires right up. The kicker is the CEL is still on and Im frustrated because I've had little problem after problem, never anything major but enough to get frustrating. So I cut the car back off....
Then is when it happens, I go to restart it just to get it home and I get the "pull key wait 10 seconds" message. I had never seen it before so I was like WTF! So being the genius I am I pull the key and wait 10 seconds. Put the key back in the ignition start the car and waalaa the CEL is gone and the car hasn't hiccuped since.

Any ideas or has anyone had this type issue? Any suggestions on anything to check?

Thanks for the read, I guess its time to get to work.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Blu
Melting Slicks

paging tech guru's, I realize most with say get the CL fix from thunder racing, but my symptoms seem different from others I have read about.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:49 PM
bluvette79
Pro

i would check and report the dic codes first. doesn't sound like pure clb issue to me. (what little i know!) this problem could be a multitude of things including battery connection, ecm or grounds. the other electrical problem you mentioned could be at cause as well. codes first and i'll bet someone that really knows what they are talking about will chime in.

write the codes down and then clear them to see what you get on the next occurrence.

good luck
Old 06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Blu
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by bluvette79
i would check and report the dic codes first. doesn't sound like pure clb issue to me. (what little i know!) this problem could be a multitude of things including battery connection, ecm or grounds. the other electrical problem you mentioned could be at cause as well. codes first and i'll bet someone that really knows what they are talking about will chime in.

write the codes down and then clear them to see what you get on the next occurrence.

good luck
I wrote them all down and cleared them. I will check again when I get home from work to see which ones reappeared. Most of them where U codes aka loss of communication with the PCM. We'll see how she responds on the way home from work, not a hiccup on the way to work this am.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:40 PM
aleadfoot
Pro

what you describe is routine security sequence not an issue. I live in the country and leave my keys in the ignition all the time and if I am in and out I get the pull key message
I would suggest your battery needs a charge or is in a weakened condition as the source for multiple systems throwing codes
Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Blu
Melting Slicks

well I checked the codes when I got home from work and the only code was the MAF code bc Im running a speed density tune. So it looks like it was just a glitch from the car being at the shop for a while and not being driven. I'll keep a close eye on it for a few days and see if any codes come up.

Get notified of new replies

To Pull key, wait 10 seconds

Quick Reply: Pull key, wait 10 seconds