C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car making strange noises by fuze box!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
C5VetteJoe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car making strange noises by fuze box!!

My 2002 C5 Coup (Auto) wont start!

I have had it on a battery charger and the battery is charged. I tried to turn the car on and it made a clicking sound where the fuze box is under the passenger foot rest area. It was a constant humming noise and clicking noise from that area.

I tried again and again the same result but something was causing the car to open the hatch…because I stood to the rear and heard the clicking in the hatch area.

The car has Lo-Jack so not sure if that is a problems. I have had Lo-Jack for years but this has never happened to me before.

Please Help!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:09 PM
C5VetteJoe
Racer

Default Forgot to say that the lights won't go on

Originally Posted by C5VetteJoe
My 2002 C5 Coup (Auto) wont start!

I have had it on a battery charger and the battery is charged. I tried to turn the car on and it made a clicking sound where the fuze box is under the passenger foot rest area. It was a constant humming noise and clicking noise from that area.

I tried again and again the same result but something was causing the car to open the hatch…because I stood to the rear and heard the clicking in the hatch area.

The car has Lo-Jack so not sure if that is a problems. I have had Lo-Jack for years but this has never happened to me before.

Please Help!
Forgot to say...

The headlights will not turn on, nor will the windows move, yet the steering wheel can be mooved in / out.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:02 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The starter is in the area you describe and will click if it doesn't get enough power.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

have your battery tested
Old 07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
C5VetteJoe
Racer

Originally Posted by IBUID40
have your battery tested
I am starting to think it is the battery and I am going to try a jump start.

The factory installed radio displayed the word anti-theft and I have never see that before and the manual said the radio will show that when it has lost power.

I don't drive the car much and it usually is on a battery charger most of the time and I usually start it every two weeks. This last time I went about 30 days with out starting it and I guess the battery wears out even when on the charger. I have had this battery since 2004

Get notified of new replies

To Car making strange noises by fuze box!!

Quick Reply: Car making strange noises by fuze box!!