C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signals, Headlights and Key alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
mpdillon
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals, Headlights and Key alarm

There are three symptoms.
1. Fast blinking driver turn signal.
2. Headlights stay up when turned off(Sometimes)
3. The beeping alarm that sounds when you do not remove the key and open the door, stays on after the key is removed.

!. I searched the post here. I have replaced the bulb and the bulb stays on constantly at a low level. The driver's side is off when the turn signal is not in use. I replaced the bulb to no affect. Perhaps it is the ground? Where is the ground for me to check it?

2. With the car off I turn on the headlamps. They go up and on. When I turn them off the bulb goes off but the assembly stays up. Recently replaced the lamps with HID units but this problem was occurring before the new HID lamps.
Sometimes with the car running, I turn on the headlights and turn them off and the assembly will stay up.

3. Sometimes when I exit the car the key alarm sounds. I check and the key is not in the ignition. I put the key back in, turn it on/off and remove the key. The beeping continues. Eventually the beeping stops on some subsequent opening and closing of the driver's door.

Are these all related or seperate? Any suggestions where to start looking for solutions?
thanks,
pat
Old 08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
mpdillon
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I fixed the Turn signal rapid blinking. I took the bulb out again because I remembered there was corrosion in the socket. Previously I had sprayed WD-40 in the socket when I replaced the burned out bulb. This time I sprayed Electrical contact Cleaner. I replaced the bulb and all is well with the turn signals.

I don't yet know about the other two problems since they are intermittent.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:37 PM
DashingDaryl
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Do you think the noise when you leave the car, is the same noise when you leave your headlights on and take the key out?

I think the two could be related.

If that is the case, I would guess it is a turn signal switch problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Turn signals, Headlights and Key alarm

Quick Reply: Turn signals, Headlights and Key alarm