Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Tech
Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
Karl Chevrolet

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 09-01-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
enigma94
CF Senior Member

Default C6 Z06 brakes on a C5 z06?

I did a search and came up with a bunch of threads about rim spacing and offset but I could never find out how easy the swap actually is. Do the C6 z06 brakes directly bolt up the the c5? Also is there a specific offset you need to have for the front wheels for the brakes to fit? I'm running a 18x9.5 +47 (or 57 cant remember) C6 Z06 replica wheel, will these work? Also whats the going rate for the full c6 Z06 brake set up??

TIA!
enigma94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
SR-71
CF Senior Member

The swap is an easy one. The calipers and rotors are a direct fit with no mods, if your using stock brake lines they'll need minor clearancing. I'm not sure about wheel offsets and prices vary. Watch the C6 classifieds for used stuff or check with a corvette recycling business for the best deal.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
enigma94
CF Senior Member

Thanks! Anybody else have any idea on the offset clearance or average pricing for the set up?
Old 09-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
NIKDSC5
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to NIKDSC5

I run ace slick 54mm up front and something like 62 or 3 urrr... dunno in the back as if that matters cause the stock speedlines will clear the rear calipers. The only other thing I did was bouhgt some c6z ss lines paid near 1000$ for my rims.
NIKDSC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDSC5 View Post
I run ace slick 54mm up front and something like 62 or 3 urrr... dunno in the back as if that matters cause the stock speedlines will clear the rear calipers. The only other thing I did was bouhgt some c6z ss lines paid near 1000$ for my rims.
I Too have the Z07 Wheels, 18's on all four coners, got them from Nate at Corvette Garage (Forum Vendor) and the C6Z06 brakes fit great behind these wheels
K
69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #6
enigma94
CF Senior Member

^^ From what i've read people who have bought C6z brake lines have had issues with them sealing because they have different fittings on the chassis side from a c5 to a c6, so i'd be very careful with that... You may want to just replace then with c5 SS lines instead to be safe.

Thanks for the offset info though!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
NIKDSC5
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma94 View Post
^^ From what i've read people who have bought C6z brake lines have had issues with them sealing because they have different fittings on the chassis side from a c5 to a c6, so i'd be very careful with that... You may want to just replace then with c5 SS lines instead to be safe.

Thanks for the offset info though!
sealing issues? They are the same line. the c6z lines you do not have to mod that is all. I have tracked the car and put over 3,000 on these brakes and have not leaked a drop.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
NIKDSC5
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 View Post
I Too have the Z07 Wheels, 18's on all four coners, got them from Nate at Corvette Garage (Forum Vendor) and the C6Z06 brakes fit great behind these wheels
K
what are z07 wheels? Do they stick out past the fenders?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
SR-71
CF Senior Member

The chassis side fittings are definitly different on my car. I had Stainless C6 lines and they would only thread in about 2 threads, while the stock stuff threaded way in.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #10
enigma94
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDSC5 View Post
sealing issues? They are the same line. the c6z lines you do not have to mod that is all. I have tracked the car and put over 3,000 on these brakes and have not leaked a drop.
You can look it up. There was a post directly from stoptech stating that they were different and that you must order the line for the car not for the brakes because the fittings are different....
Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Reload this Page C6 Z06 brakes on a C5 z06?