C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low MAF voltage DIC code......what now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Togo
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Low MAF voltage DIC code......what now?

I have a code that mentions i have a low MAF voltage - I have disconnected battery to make the computer "relearn", I have reset codes. I have unplugged and reseated connections to the MAF but this code still comes back.

Is my MAF "toast"? Is there a way to test this with "basic" tools, or is swapping out a different MAF the only way to see if my SLP MAF is bad?
Old 10-13-2008, 05:46 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhooking the battery does not do much if anything on the C5.

I'd take a look at the wiring to the MAF, the wires can break internally. There are three wires, pink (power), blk/wht (ground), and yellow (signal). The ground point is above the starter, so its hard to get to that one. Maybe check to see if the ground wire and power wires are good, and then go from there. But, a different MAF would tell you as well.

BTW, I haven't tried one, but from what I've read the after market MAFs are not a good upgrade and can have a host of issues. I don't think I've heard of this one though.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Try cleaning the MAF .. They make a MAF spray but I use regular old brake parts cleaner on mine. Just remove the air filter assy, spray it in the MAF, let it evaporate reassemble and see if the issue is gone.

The tiny sensors (thermistors ) get dirty and dont sense correctly. Do you have a K&N filter. If the oil from ta oiled filter gets on the sensor wires, it can cause this issue.

BC

Get notified of new replies

To Low MAF voltage DIC code......what now?

Quick Reply: Low MAF voltage DIC code......what now?