C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you remove this piece of the sun visor (pic)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Vicarious.
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Look at the posting date man...going past 2 years old. You may try and PM the guy...but unlikely after 2 years
Old 08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
shwtrkman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NassyBlue
Look at the posting date man...going past 2 years old. You may try and PM the guy...but unlikely after 2 years
Sorry about that. My first visit. I thought I caught myself looking for a post date. Now I see it on the left hand side. Will be more careful in the future.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Disassemble as necessary.
If removing the mounting bezel, pull the bezel from the garnish molding with your fingers.
If replacing the inner bezel, remove the bezel from the sunshade shaft and press the new bezel onto the shaft.
Sounds like they just pull off with some finger force.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

If anyone searches for this later and doesn't get an answer, I just wanted to post up it is possible to remove the mentioned piece. Each of the arms of the triangle have a lip which is catching onto another lip on the plastic of the arm. I used 3 screwdrivers to push away the plastic arms and then wedged a small bar to pry up the piece from the metal arm. The plastic is piece is very tight fitting on the arm and the screwdrivers add more wedging force that you'd have a hard time pushing by hand. The bar "popped it off" and sent 1 of my screwdrivers flying across the room. I added a bit of oil and used pliers to grip on it and rotate on it while pulling after it was past the lip.

To put on the replacement piece, a bit of rotation while pushing down will get it to line up in place. It's very tight and the edges of that piece can really dig into your hand. Use a glove or grip it with pliers.
The following users liked this post:
RayOki (12-04-2016)
Old 07-04-2015, 10:28 AM
ascastil
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 125 Posts

Is there a part number for that piece that slides on the visor? I just bought new visors a week ago and broke the one on the drivers side. Darn.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:06 PM
SladeX
Melting Slicks

Received 833 Likes on 607 Posts

I don't see a part number on the broken piece I took off my replacement. It is marked RH on it meaning they are side specific. You will probably have to track down a broken visor for a replacement piece or source another good visor. A lot of targa car owners should have shoddy visors and owners possibly replaced them already by this point meaning you can probably snag an old faded/broken one and swipe the clip part off that for a good price.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:04 PM
tiojames
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by British
Looks like a good writeup, I'm going to need to do this myself probably... My mirror popped off and it's just dangling... There doesn't seem to be a good way to glue it back on there.
Auto glass shops have to pop off mirror when they change out wind shields, so stop by one and get some of the adhesive they use.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:29 AM
VendettaC5
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sun Visor Inner Bezel

Know it's an old thread but in case anyone new is attempting it.
1) Take off visor Like in diagram.
2) With visor on table, carefully take a screwdriver, small pry, etc etc. and from the top pry out minimally one of the tabs and wedge a toothpick in between tab & bar.
3) do the same with the other 2 tabs.
4)Spray a little WD on it. Grab it with gloves and pull straight up. Will pop right off
Old 12-18-2016, 09:31 AM
gunga68
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by billyward
if any one knows how to find inner and outer bezels for a 1998 corvette visor please reply!
I ordered the inner bezel from Corvette Pacifica and although not OEM, the fit and finish is good. Try this address:

http://www.corvettepacifica.com/cate...ardware//reset

Old 03-17-2021, 09:53 AM
Franko97
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Help! The driver side visor cam off pretty easily, but I can't unclip the electrical connector. I'm afraid I'll break the little gray clip. Any ideas? I agree with thr other posters - for such a small job it's a real PIA!
Old 03-17-2021, 12:11 PM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,213 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by Franko97
Help! The driver side visor cam off pretty easily, but I can't unclip the electrical connector. I'm afraid I'll break the little gray clip. Any ideas? I agree with thr other posters - for such a small job it's a real PIA!
There is a little square hole on the connector. Take a very small flat screwdriver like you get in a precision screwdriver kit and insert in the hole pressing down and forward the gray clip. That is how I released mine. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: How do you remove this piece of the sun visor (pic)?