C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it the 2 AC pulleys or is it both belt idler pulleys that are the same PN?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:52 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Is it the 2 AC pulleys or is it both belt idler pulleys that are the same PN?

Guys,

I went to autozone and got the two AC idler pulleys but I just wanted to check and make sure because it looks in the one diagram picture that I have that the AC idler and tensioner pulleys are different diameters?

Is it the main belt idler and the AC belt idler that are the same diameter or is it the AC idler and the AC tensioner that are the same PN pulley?

Thanks so much and sorry for bring up this topic...

Donnie
Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

ttt

I DID do a search but couldn't find the result I was looking for...

I was reading through a post only a couple of months ago where a couple of members were referring to 2 of the idler pulleys that were the exact same size and part number...does anyone know which they are?

Thanks again!

DZ
Old 02-02-2009, 05:48 PM
wcsinx
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

Idler and tensioner pulleys are a completely different design. Also the main belt and the AC belt are different widths, so I doubt the tensioners are the same part #. The idlers might be the same, but I have no idea. Why don't you just ask your local Vatozone?
Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Thanks man!

I got it, they are the same part number and exact same diameter for the AC belt( the tensioner and idler pulley's I mean are the same).

Also, a little trick that I figured out is if you go at removing the belts from the top side of the motor then remove the top idler pulley.

Then go under the car and remove the bottom tensioner pulley and put it back on from underneath the car...then go back up top and put the other idler pulley back on and put the belts back on from the top.

Makes for about a 45 minute job and it was my first time...and yes I did run/drive the car to make sure everything was aligned and turning smoothly.

DZ

Get notified of new replies

To Is it the 2 AC pulleys or is it both belt idler pulleys that are the same PN?

Quick Reply: Is it the 2 AC pulleys or is it both belt idler pulleys that are the same PN?