C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low oil Level? Car wont run anymore

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:10 AM
arbrmdangus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low oil Level? Car wont run anymore

I have a 2002 z06 with a A&A supercharger kit and was driving at a moderate rate this weekend and the car shut down. The car will start and idle for about 3 seconds then shut off and the low oil level warning comes on. The engines has normal oil pressure and has a good reading on the dip stick. Any Ideas how to fix? Thanks
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 AM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by arbrmdangus
I have a 2002 z06 with a A&A supercharger kit and was driving at a moderate rate this weekend and the car shut down. The car will start and idle for about 3 seconds then shut off and the low oil level warning comes on. The engines has normal oil pressure and has a good reading on the dip stick. Any Ideas how to fix? Thanks
codes please...
Old 02-16-2009, 03:03 PM
easyasone2three
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had the "low oil level" warning that kept coming on and the oil was full and pressure was good. Turned out that the wire to the oil level sensor had burned on the header and was shorting out causing the warning to come on everytime I started the car and then about every 10 minutes while driving. The sensor is located right next to the starter.

When this was happening to me, getting the low oil warning, I then started having charging problems that went away after I fixed and heat shielded the wire to the sensor. I never did know why the charging problems were fixed by fixing the wire to the oil level sensor, maybe someone can explain. This might be part of your problem.

Check your codes.

Get notified of new replies

To Low oil Level? Car wont run anymore

Quick Reply: Low oil Level? Car wont run anymore